We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night busses from Santiago to Mendoza?

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LA, California
Night busses from Santiago to Mendoza?

Hi, i will be traveling to Chile/Argentina in the first week of May, we would be flying in to Santiago and leaving out of BA, with a stop in Mendoza in between. We are considering different options for getting from one place to the other. We've decided on taking a night bus from mendoza to BA, and are now wondering wheather to take a bus a fly from Santiago to Mendoza... we were wondering if there were night busses that went between santiago and mendoza and which are the companies that do this... also if there aren't any, is the trip during the day a good idea? is the scenery worth it or is mostly a drag? Any thoughs/suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!

Chris and Nataliya

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
reviews: 7
1. Re: Night busses from Santiago to Mendoza?

The scenery is wonderful. I wouldn't even consider a night bus. There are night buses if you must. Both Andesmar and Turbus have web sites.

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Night busses from Santiago to Mendoza?

Couldn't agree more (well... he's the local expert, isn't he?). Do you seriously think of crossing the Andes during the night? C'mon, don't miss the chance of seeing it!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
3. Re: Night busses from Santiago to Mendoza?

Agree 100% with Toid and Dolape. My 'day' crossing of the Andes between Santiago & Mendoza was a highlight of my trip...absolutely spectacular scenery.