We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Airline Chile

Which Santiago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 9
Sky Airline Chile

Has anyone flown on Sky Airline recently? Looking to book a flight in October from Santiago to Punta Arenas and they are a ton cheaper than LAN. I've flown on national carriers in Greece (Aegean Air and Olympic) and was pleasantly surprised. Would SKY be comparable to something like that? Thanks!

54 replies to this topic
Puerto Varas, Chile
reviews: 78
1. Re: Sky Airline Chile

sky is not too bad, the food on board actually will amuse your mouth for a while, in comparison to Lan's little box of halloween treats

they are also much, much more flexible than the national behemoth airline if you

a) make a mistake when purchasing your ticket

b) arrive late

and miss your flight

c) have to change your schedule

the other airline makes a lot of revenue by tapping into the software magic-coefficients of elasticity, etc.

so, by all means give Sky a try.

their planes may not be as new, but there is usually more space on board.

fewer flights per day and more stops per route are the counterpoint.

New York City, New...
2. Re: Sky Airline Chile

I'm looking into Sky Airline as well. Do they charge different rates for non-natives like some of the other airlines do?

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Sky Airline Chile

We flew Sky from Santiago to La Paz after our original flight booked with Lan was changed to an impossible connection time shortly before the start of our tour. Lan didn't even bother to inform us.

We found nothing at all wrong with Sky and would fly with them again. And @ TravelQuestions1, Sky do not seem to have the 2 tier prices that Lan does. Just be aware that when we booked with Sky last year we had to call a Chilean phone number to pay but they spoke no English and I speak very little Spanish. I was quite worried after I completed the transaction but Google translate got me through that OK though. The tickets were emailed within a minute.

London, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Sky Airline Chile

I have flown on Sky twice in the last three months.

Flight 1: New aircraft and very good flight

Flight 2: VERY old aircraft but nevertheless a reasonably pleasant flight

It is very easy to book via their website and whether you book LAN (the national carrier) or SKY the prices are the same for residents and non-residents.

5. Re: Sky Airline Chile

My wife and I are planning our honeymoon in Chile. I was looking for the most inexpensive fares for a one-way flight from Santiago to Puerto Montt. Booking from the US, I naturally started with LAN as it is the most popular Chilean airline, and we are flying LAN from NYC to SCL to arrive in country.

I was quoted a base rate at $200USD and a flex rate at $348USD on the LAN website. I couldn't complete the $200 reservation due to a weberror, called LAN and long story short they couldn't honor the fare. Quite annoying!!!

After more investigation, I found Sky Airlines online. I searched for a flight on their website and was quoted $150USD per passenger for a one way flight from Santiago to Puerto Montt. I booked the flight, provided my information, and I received an email confirmation within 2 minutes. The entire transaction was in english on Sky's website (www.skyairline.cl). I used my credit card from the USA and there were no issues booking the flight. It appears they have updated their online booking practices for foreigners as there are older posts on trip advisor that state it wasn't possible to book flights online from the states using US credit cards.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 64
6. Re: Sky Airline Chile

We used Sky to fly from La Paz, Bolivia to Santiago, Chile in April 2012.

We booked the flight ourselves on the internet and chose Sky because their fare was exactly half the price of LAN! They left on time and arrived on time and we could not find fault with them.

As we also flew on several other legs whilst in South America with LAN, we can reasonably compare the two airlines. On future trips, we would simply chose who was offering the cheapest fare!

Sydney
reviews: 28
7. Re: Sky Airline Chile

I just flew from Santiago to BA on Sky and they were great. On a different note Aeropunto have apparently declared bankrupt

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
8. Re: Sky Airline Chile

Never heard of Aeropunto. Pluna, the Uruguayan airline, has ceased flying very recently.

Sydney
reviews: 28
9. Re: Sky Airline Chile

I flew Sky Sanitago to BA and thought they were great

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 12
10. Re: Sky Airline Chile

We booked a flight from Puno to Sniago though Expedia with Sky airline. The flight from Puno to Lima was a code share flight with TAM and then from Lima to Santiago with Sky. Did not have any issues with Sky, flight was quiet empty compared to other flights though. Staff were friendly an food wa fine.

Reply to: Sky Airline Chile
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted