We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooners in Pucon (March 4th-March 7th)

Which Pucon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 2
Honeymooners in Pucon (March 4th-March 7th)

Hello,

We are ending our 17 day honeymoon with 3 nights in Pucon. We are in our early 30's, fairly fit and active, and want to experience Pucon's adventure/nature as best as possible. I have looked at all the "things to do" for Pucon and need help narrowing down the best activities for our stay here.

Day 1: Will arrive at Temuco Airport at 10am. How long does it take to get from there, to the bus station, then to Pucon? I assume we will only have time for a half-day excursion, do tour groups book afternoon trips only?

Day 2: Climb Villarica: Are there options to go horseback riding to the top?

Day 3: Open for suggestions

Essentially we want to view the most majestic sites of nature and beauty and are willing to either hike, white water raft, horseback ride, bike ride, scuba dive lol. For those who have been, which activities would you consider a must see if you have 3 days, besides Villarica? I heard its a good idea to goto the thermal pools the day after climbing since you are sore. Which springs are the natural ones? Are they better than the fake ones?

4 replies to this topic
Dulwich, null...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Honeymooners in Pucon (March 4th-March 7th)

Hello

We have been living in Pucon for the last 6 months so know the town well. You'll have a great honey moon there.

If you are only staying a few days why don't you hire a car from temuco? It;s a bit more expensive but then you can get out to the thermal spas more easily and the national park.

Temuco airport is just under 2 hours drive from Pucon, by bus it will take you about 2 hours.

You have to walk up the volcano. Summit Chile is the best operator to go with. You can find them on facebook and they speak english.You start at 6.45am and get back mid afternoon. So you could even go to the spa in the evening. Loz Pozones is the place to go, very natural and open late. Take your own water as there is no shop there.

The other amazing spa is geometricas. It is about 1.5 hours drive from Pucon but worth the trip. It is natural but has a far east feel to it. It is also more expensive but you'll feel like you are treating yourself.

For rafting you can contact Ben at Kayak Chile, he is a Brit that runs the company and has been living in Chile for about 8 years. He runs lots of different kayak and rafting tours.

I have heard that hydro speeding is fun but I haven't tried it.

It is nice to spend a day at the lake where you can hire canoe, jet skis there is even paraponting (with a parachute on the back of a boat).

You can go to Antilco for horseriding. They speak english too.

I just looked them up as it is owned by the husband of my language teacher and the language school has a very good summary of the best things available in Pucon. As good as I could write.

Here is the link...

languagepucon.com/spanishchile-whattodo-en.h…

Have a great honeymoon!

Austin, Texas
2. Re: Honeymooners in Pucon (March 4th-March 7th)

Thanks Lucy!

In regards to the rental car, I think we will do that. is it easiest to just rent it at the Temuco airport directly once we land? Are there any big differences we must be aware of, in terms of renting/driving a car in Chile vs. USA?

Based on your experience there, please tell me how you would plan our itinerary. We definitely need to climb Villarica and want to horseback ride/whitewater raft/ hike or canoe/hot springs. I know we can't do everything but we want to try, so here is what I am thinking:

Day 1: We arrive at our hotel Del Volcan around 1PM. Will it be possible to find a vendor and organize a horseback riding trip from 3pm-8pm? Is this the best way to see the area on the 1st day? What do you recommend?

Day 2: Climb Villarica all day; Hot springs at night

Day 3: Whitewater rafting or hydrospeeding in the AM; Hike or explore the national parks in the afternoon?

The dilemma is I don't know if we have time to book an activity with a guide in Day 1. What do you think? Should we just spend DAY 1 exploring the parks? What night activities can we do?

Thanks so much. It is nice to speak to someone local there who can give us honest advice.

Pullman, Washington
3. Re: Honeymooners in Pucon (March 4th-March 7th)

Hello Honeymooner,

I am visiting from the States and we are here this weekend.

We arrived around noon, and that afternoon we went through all the outfitters, checked prices and booked some stuff.

Day 1 (Thurs) - Arrived late in the evening

Day 2 (Friday) - Walked around town, checked prices, booked Volcano, rafting and hot springs. Walked to the beach, had a relaxing afternoon, bought groceries and made dinner at the hostel

Day 3 (Saturday) - Rafting from 11 - 3pm. It was great. Experienced guides. Had afternoon tea, had icecream, went back to hostel ~6pm. Went out again at 11pm for dinner/drinks. Lots of people in the evening drinking, having a good time in the restaurants/bars. Came back home around 1am

Day 4 (Sunday) - Rented bikes and got some trails

Day 5 (Monday) - Volcano all day, and hot springs in the evening.

I come from a farming community, so i cannot bring myself to buy a horseback riding trail when i could do it at home.

Have fun on your honeymoon!

San Carlos de...
4. Re: Honeymooners in Pucon (March 4th-March 7th)

Horseback, Kayak, Cabin ...

Just passed the weekend in Pucon and rented the private cabin at Antilco. Went for a ride. Highly recommend them (I too own my own horses in Bariloche, but their rates are reasonable and the experience was so great I am spontaneously returning to Pucon this weekend to join them on their Chile-Argentina Patagonia Andes crossing.) Their website lists prices for lodgings, kayaking, horseback riding, spanish lessons etc.

www.antilco.com

Skydiving ...

On our trip to Pucon three years ago, we went skydiving (for the first time ever) with Sky Dive Pucon. What a fabulous adventure. Whether you have tried it or have it on your list of things to do in life -- you would be hard pressed to find a more spectacular jump zone. You fly up over the volcano (and if you opt for video of your jump) they do a super job of getting footage from take off, your scenic flight of the Pucon/Villarica region, and of course your decent back to earth.

http://www.skydivepucon.cl

Whatever you decide to do, wherever you decide to stay ... have a wonderful honeymoon! Best wishes.

Reply to: Honeymooners in Pucon (March 4th-March 7th)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted