We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pucon Tourism

Which Pucon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man
reviews: 12
Pucon Tourism

Hi There

Does anyone know of how many tourists get each year, possibly broken down by month? I hear Jan, Feb, Mar are incredibly busy, but what about the rest of the year? I hear its a ski resport in the winter, but what volumes of people arrive for Ski season?

Also, the rain and winds - Just how bad are they? Are these mainly in the Winter?

Many Thanks for any help.. J

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
1. Re: Pucon Tourism

Without knowing the town it won't make much sense to tell you how many people visit. Since most people are out and about during the day doing activities, the town seldom seems very crowded - except in February. February is probably the most crowded month. March is noticeably less crowded. April and May are very quiet because the weather is not that good (rain but normal amounts of wind, not wind like Patagonia) and the skiing has not started. December is a good month as the weather is generally good but summer holidays have not yet started.

Isle of Man
2. Re: Pucon Tourism

Thanks for your reply Molly! Appreciate you taking the time. After many years of working in the finance industry on a small island, Im selling up and moving to Chile this year. Ideally I wanted a cabana business, in Pucon, although its still on the cards. Where else in Chile north of Pucon (weather) has a consistent steady flow of tourists that would keep a cabana business going? I was thinking San Pedro. I have spent many holidays in Chile and seen a lot of this stunning country... Any advice would be appreciated...Not so keen on the big city lifestyle...

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
3. Re: Pucon Tourism

San Pedro is about the only destination with a steady number of visitors as the weather never varies by much. Another couple of places in the north would be the Elqui Valley and the Valle de Los Españoles a bit further north from that, which is just beginning to become a destination. The problem in the north is always access to water, so you would need to look into that carefully.

www.allchile.net will probably get you better answers than here as it is an expat forum.

Isle of Man
4. Re: Pucon Tourism

Hi - Thanks for your response! The forum is great!! Just spent ages looking through really interesting articles. Its of great assistance just now, so thank you again...

We both love San Pedro, its a charming place, albeit dusty!! The price of property there looks horrendously expensive in comparison to Pucon. We have a budget of about USD480000 possibly a tad more. It seem to go along way down Pucon, but not so sure up San Pedro... I will look at Elqui Valley and Valle De Los Espanoles. I really appreciate you help. Thanks. J

5. Re: Pucon Tourism

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 pm, June 22, 2013