We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you for Sharing Your Beautiful Country!

Virginia
reviews: 36
Thank you for Sharing Your Beautiful Country!

Just returned from 2 wks in Patagonia - Incredibly gorgeous, friendly and a MUST return....

Only 2 nights in BA; but good to see for a return - one week near Trevelin fishing a unique area and stayed at a lodge that made us feel like family; miss them already..

Drive to Bariloche - scenic and worth the time...picked up a car there and drove on to Villa Angostura...

One word of caution - we had problems with our car rental company, Cumbres (Martin) who does not care about customer service. Tried to scam more money out of us and did not even bother to meet us...left us standing on a street in Bariloche (after the 4-1/2 hr drive (by our guide at the lodge who had to return to Trevelin) He said he did NOT care if I wrote on the forums....so this is the warning..BE VERY AWARE. The car did not work properly (NOR was it the car we reserved) and he wanted to charge us to bring us an exchange car that worked. UH, This one did not.....why charge us MORE? It was definitely an ORDEAL and I would never recommend them.

Other than that snafu, Argentina is glorious and we are planning a return next year. One of the most beautiful places we have seen in all our travels.

We specifically went to fish and the lodge was awesome. If anyone is interested in that; please PM me. Villa Angostura was just as scenic and plenty to do: hiking, sailing, eating, driving the seven lakes.....Loved it all. All in all, Patagonia is in our top lists and we travel quite a bit.

I was sorry that I could not meet a forum expert that happened to be in the same area, but Martin took a day out of our trip-- calling, waiting for another car, stressing as we had plans and a very limited time in Patagonia...working with him was a waste. Such a shame as everyone else was exceptional...just a bad apple.

Argentinia is one of the most beautiful places we've ever been and I thank everyone for their great suggestions.

Next trip: more BA, Mendoza, Salta (our Sommelier in BA highly recommended the wines and location); more southern Patagonia, but still FISHING! OK..maybe a third trip to fit it all in; but once again, thanks to all for the help! SO worth it! A HUGE GRACIAS to all!

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Thank you for Sharing Your Beautiful Country!

thanks for your report! and sorry about the car rental people. The rest looks like you really love our country! thank you!

Virginia
reviews: 36
2. Re: Thank you for Sharing Your Beautiful Country!

Oh Yes we did Ilana! So much so, plans are in the works for a much longer stay covering more ground next go-round!

I only put the warning in about the car rental as I know many people do rent cars once there, and the owner of Cumbre gets mentioned here & on other forums and I felt I should share such a negative experience- ALONG with the excellent service, attentiveness, friendliness and cultural experiences we were fortunate to find our very first time to Argentina - my new favorite place to visit!

Thanks to all on the forums for their help and expertise!

Chao,

Gracie

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Thank you for Sharing Your Beautiful Country!

yes! posts like this agood or bad I think are always useful for other travelers, so thank you again!

4. Re: Thank you for Sharing Your Beautiful Country!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, March 05, 2012