We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Which Stanley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittstown, New...
reviews: 1
Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

We will be on a cruise and will be at Pt Stanley on Jan 30, 2013. Are there any penguin tours I can go on? We tried to book w/the cruise line, but their excursion was already full. I understand shore excursions may be less expensive than the cruise lines'.

3 replies to this topic
Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

Yes - lots of penguin tours.

Shore excusrions will almost certainly be cheaper as the cruise line add a percentage to the cost.

It depends on which type of penguins you want to see, and how far you want to travel.

Many people go to Volunteer Point as there are 3 species there, including King, but it is a long, bumpy overland trip.

There are Magellanic penguins within sight of Stanley, which you can visit on a Nature Walk. I'd be surprised if the Walk is booked out - its probably the 4x4 trips to Volunteer Point thats overbooked. There are also at least 2 other locations within an hour of Stanley with penguins tours.

Are you on the Seaborne Sojourn?

Pittstown, New...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

yes .. Seabourn Sojourn. My husband booked the longer tour (King penguins), but I didn't want to do a 2.5 hr each way trip in a 4wd! So I'd go for the closer one, which was full, by the cruise line. Who can I contact, etc? Thankyou.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
3. Re: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands

http://www.penguintravel-falklands.com/

Contact Sam Davies at Penguin Travel.

Reply to: Penguin tour, Pt Stanley, Falkland Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stanley