We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patrick Watts

Which Stanley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
Patrick Watts

I am thinking about booking with Patrick Watts to go to Volunteer Point when my cruise ship is in port. Just checking to see if anyone has gone with him and can he be counted on to show up at the dock?

30 replies to this topic
Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
21. Re: Patrick Watts

Antarctica - I strongly recommend you look at the Antarctica Adventure forum, and teh Cruise critc forum (especially - ports of call section) for lots of info about this region and what to take.

An SLR is obviously good, but I have seen one or two ruined on the first Zodiac ride when salt water hit them! Cameras need protection! The trip of a lifetime with no photos!!!

Falklands - There are colonies at Bluff Cove, about an hour from Stanley; and at Kidnay Cove, about 40 minutes from Stanley. These are on private farms and you pay to tour.

There are also penguins to the east of Stanley on Common land, and you pay for a shuttle bus or taxi or even walk the 4 miles to there. The penguins there (at Gypsy Cove) are Magellanic and, nearby, Gentoo.

Whether Volunteer point is worth the travel is a personal decision. Will you see a colony of King Penguins again? The drive is also interesting if you like off-road driving. But it can be boggy, which can be a problem.

Any more questions just ask.

Staines, United...
reviews: 5
22. Re: Patrick Watts

It's interesting to read the comments about Patrick Watts.

Our experience of his "service" was like nothing on here.

We arrived on Seabourn Sojourn, on the same day as a mega Princess ship. He had told us and the US family of five on the same ship, to get off as soon as we could, so that we would have the maximum amount of time available. He had taken bookings for all of us (and goodness knows how many more).

The 7 of us were on the first tender.

He was nowhere to be found!

We asked around the other tours people, on the basis that the place is so small that everybody knows everybody. They all said that he was there earlier, but wasn't around.

We went into the tourist office, to see if they had a mobile 'phone number for him. One of the ladies there said that she thought there was a letter somewhere from him for somebody.

It turned out to be addressed to the US family. It was a pathetic explanation that he had decided to go early, for the passengers from the Princess ship. It seemed very clear that he didn't care at all about us. Not only that, but he hadn't bothered to arrange anything else for us with any other guides.

Why does it seem obvious?

Well, the letter was typed, not something that he had decided to write when he found out that we weren't there at the same time as the passengers from the other ship!

He didn't even have the decency to follow it up with an apology by email.

I tell everybody I know that's going there to use another guide/company. And will continue to do so. Thank goodness we hadn't paid in advance. Who know how long it might have taken to get money refunded from a person with no scruples, nor principles.

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 48
23. Re: Patrick Watts

Just did an amazing trip to Bertha's beach with Patrick and a few battle sites. I was impressed by his knowledge and genuine love for the islands. One of the highlights of all our trips around south america. A true gentleman.

North Vancouver...
24. Re: Patrick Watts

Hi Pat, I can't find your website for booking after I type in pwatts@horizon.co.fk please reply asap as my cruise is with zaandam March 4 2015. reply should include your web address (can't you at the above address), how & where to book for bluff penguin and volunteer point, prices etc. I am not in this forum, please reply to my email address.thanks Patrick C

North Vancouver...
25. Re: Patrick Watts

Hi Pat, can't find the way to do booking after type in www.pwatts@hoeizon.co.fk please adv how to book for bluff penguin and volunteer point for march 13 2015. i will be with zaandam. please reply asap to my email address pat4307@hotmail.com as i am not in this forum.thanks Patrick C

North Vancouver...
26. Re: Patrick Watts

Hi Pat, I can't find your website for booking after I type in pwatts@horizon.co.fk please reply asap as my cruise is with zaandam March 4 2015. reply should include your web address (can't you at the above address), how & where to book for bluff penguin and volunteer point, prices etc. I am not in this forum, please reply to my email address.thanks Patrick C

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
27. Re: Patrick Watts

Patrick C,

Remove the "www." from Patrick watts email address and Email him your booking. There is no website.

Chelmsford, United...
28. Re: Patrick Watts

We will be in Port Stanley on 24 Feb (Celebrity Infinity) and want to book a tour for 2 to Volunteer Point. After reading all the positive comments I emailed Patrick Watts a week ago, but have received no reply at all.

Can anyone suggest another reputable tour operator, please,as I realise these tours sell out quickly.

Thank you.

San Diego...
reviews: 27
29. Re: Patrick Watts

We had a tremendous experience with Patrick. We communicated with him regularly through e-mail prior to our arrival. He had a response for the unfortunate circumstance listed in the posting above.

We had a great experience. I would recommend Patrick to you

Tempe, Arizona...
reviews: 25
30. Re: Patrick Watts

We had a great trip to Bertha's Point. We did not make the first tenders and missed our original tour. We were fortunate to get picked up by Peter Watts crew as some of those they were waiting for did not show in time to make the trip. Our guide was knowledgeable of the area and brought us to Gypsy Cove on our way back to the Port. I would highly recommend working with them.

Reply to: Patrick Watts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted