We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starting to plan my South America trip... any suggestions??

Which Argentina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Starting to plan my South America trip... any suggestions??

Hi all,

I am planning on travelling around South America for 3 - 4 months in June this year. Im wanting to book my flights and then see where the road leads and will book Machu Picchu for August. Does anyone have any good advice on where would be a good place to start eg. Buenos aires versus the top end ?maybe Columbia or Ecuador? ... Any areas I should particularly avoid??

Am travelling on my own so would be good to meet some other travellers early on and then take it from there. Any education, hints, tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 5
1. Re: Starting to plan my South America trip... any suggestions??

For Argentina and the Southern Hemisphere, just remember that the weather is going to mirror that in Australia. The South of Argentina and Chile will be cold so visits to places like Patagonia(www.interpatagonia,com) and Tierra del Fuego are going to require warmer clothing and some restrictions as to availability of some Nathional Parks.

For those months then you might want to focus on the North of Argentina(Salta,Igauzu Falls,etc) and of course Buenos Aires.

Have fun with your holiday planning.

Perth
2. Re: Starting to plan my South America trip... any suggestions??

Thanks heaps for your advice! Think I just need to pick a place and book it I think... :)

Maybe it would be best to start at the bottom then before it gets too cold .. Decisions decisions

Thanks again! Can't wait!

Perth
3. Re: Starting to plan my South America trip... any suggestions??

Thanks heaps for your advice! Think I just need to pick a place and book it I think... :)

Maybe it would be best to start at the bottom then before it gets too cold .. Decisions decisions

Thanks again! Can't wait!

4. Re: Starting to plan my South America trip... any suggestions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 26, 2014