We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report with Pictures

Which Argentina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Trip Report with Pictures

Here's a link to our Trip Report (with pictures) covering our 20 day vacation to Buenos Aires, El Calafate, Torres del Pines, the cruise from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia (including Cape Horn), Gable Island and Iguazu Falls. Thanks to the Destination Experts and Posters on this forum for all of their good adiice.

http://theelvings.com/PTJ.pdf

Gothenburg, Sweden
reviews: 12
1. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Thank you so much for your lovely trip report! My sister and I will be arriving in just under 4 weeks and we can't wait :)

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 5
2. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Thanks so much for your lovely trip report. Isabel at Buenos Aires Travel is wonderful and she plans such nice holidays.

Please return again and see more of Argentina.

Suerte!!

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 82
3. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Wow what an amazing trip report, I will be in BA next week & would love to get in touch with Isabel do you have a contact email address for her? Out trip has come up very suddenly and I am in need of some expert advice on how best to use what little time we have and she sound like the right person. Once again thanks for all the info in your report It has made me really excited.

Pittsburgh...
4. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Isabel | Buenos Aires Tours <contact@buenosaires-tours.com.ar>

Here is Isabel's e-mail address. E-mail her and she will get right back to you.

Best, Jim

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 82
5. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Thanks so much for the speedy reply - I have emailed her & wait for her response.

Cheers LuLu

toronto
reviews: 116
6. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Hi Jim, Thanks for your amazing report. It sounds like Isabel was instrumental to the success of your trip. You've mentioned that her fee is reasonable. Can you please say how much was it? I am just in a very early stage of planning and trying to have some idea of the budget.

Thank you

Pittsburgh...
7. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Isabel met us at our hotel on our first afternoon in Buenos Aires, where she gave us our airline tickets for the four internal flights that she had booked, vouchers for the hotels and the cruise, vouchers for the excursions we had requested and for all of the transfers for our 20 day vacation, as well as a calander of what we were scheduled to do each day. Her fee, which we then paid to her, was $100 (US dollars) per person.

Best, Jim

Chicago, IL
reviews: 21
8. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

We are planning a similar trip for the end of the year so it was extremely helpful to read your trip report. We have also contacted Isabelle and I'm hoping she can arrange the perfect vacation. :)

I have a couple of questions in regards to Isabelle's services. Did you find the accommodations good? Were the prices reasonable? (I know the Sheraton at Iguazu is pricey.) We are a family group and are hoping to find apartments, B&Bs ,etc that can accomodate our group.

Deb

Pittsburgh...
9. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Regarding the accomodations:

-All of our accomodations were great.

-We gave Isabel a rough outline of where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see, and also a rough guideline of about how much we wanted to pay for accomodations.

-She came back with her suggestions, revising a little bit the order that we were going to do things, and helping us to determine how long to stay in each place. She gave us three choices for accomodations (in our price range) for each spot (and usually her top choice). We then reviewed each of the accomodations (looking at their web sites and the reviews on Trip Advisor), and made our choices.

-The first place we stayed in Buenos Aires, the Trianon Recoleta, was a suite with two full baths and three bedrooms. This was great for the four of us and may be also good for your family group.

-In Iguazu, she originally had us staying the first night at the less expensive St. George (after our evening arrival) and then transferring to the Sheraton the next day for one night...this was to save us some money (we changed this when our schedule was altered by a cancelled flight).

Best, Jim

Pittsburgh...
10. Re: Trip Report with Pictures

Here's a link to a Photo Show of picrures from our 20 day trip to Argentina and Chile.

Best, Jim

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/zw4Pu3HA