We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torres del Paine or Tierra del Fuego

Which Argentina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 6
Torres del Paine or Tierra del Fuego

Discuss.... We would like to do one or the other due to time constraints.

All advice appreciated.

Matt

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Torres del Paine or Tierra del Fuego

Don't think twice. Go to Explora lodge in Torres del Paine, it is amazing!!! You will fall in love with the place! with out any doubt it is one of the most impressive places in Chile. I was there about two years ago with my mother and believe me, I would love to go back!

UK
reviews: 6
2. Re: Torres del Paine or Tierra del Fuego

Thanks for the reply. Can you ellaborate? What was so great about the place?

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Torres del Paine or Tierra del Fuego

First of all the hotel we went to was inside the National Park, so, you can only imagine the views of the peaks we had! amazing. Besides, the hotel is really, really nice. The rooms are spacey and well decorated, the service is great, and the food is unbelievable. From the hotel you can get all the excursions you want. We went on a full day excursion where we saw the most incredible views of the lakes, the peaks, the rivers. We visited the forest - which was beautiful. One of the most impressive things was the Paine Massif- an incredible peak that can take anyone's breath away. Aside from that we did horseback riding, but one thing you should know is that it gets really cold! so if you go, make sure to take a lot of warm clothes and hiking shoes or tennis shoes, because you will do much walking. But it is really fun! If you don't like to walk or do activities, just tell the people there that you want something more "light" you know... but I recommend to do soemthing more complete- you will love it! my mom got really tired, so that kind of slowed everyone down... but you can try and find out, if you can do it alone with the guides from the hotel. Or you can do some trekking on your own, the paths are cleary marked. Anyway, let me know if you have more questions, all I can tell you is that Torres del Paine is like a paradise- a cold one!

Portland
4. Re: Torres del Paine or Tierra del Fuego

llana, we checked and there is no availability at Explora lodge -what is the second best option for TDP?? your help is much appreciated.