We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Decent Budget Hotel for a Couple of Ladies

Philippines
reviews: 191
A Decent Budget Hotel for a Couple of Ladies

We need your suggestion on a decent budget hotel for a couple of ladies who will spend a few nights mostly outside the hotel...touring around Singapore....Preferrably near Orchard Road.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 59
1. Re: A Decent Budget Hotel for a Couple of Ladies

Budget hotels near orchard :

YMCA International (this is classified as a hostel but it does feel like a city hotel for the private rooms, this is ur best bet for being along Orchard Road)

Strand (this is a good location but is a no frills hotel, bring ur own toiletries)

Sloane Court (family run hotel, dont count on customer service but rooms are clean and short walk to Scotts/Orchard)

RELC International (really good prices for the size of rooms, short walk to the beginning of Orchard)

Here is a list of other hotels u might want to consider :

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8205-Singapore…

PS. If I am u, I would go with Chinatown or Little India location close to an MRT (I prefer Chinatown personally as u can easily make ur way to Clark Quay or Bugis where there are a lot to do and see in these neighborhoods). Orchard Road is really for serious shoppers.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
reviews: 24
2. Re: A Decent Budget Hotel for a Couple of Ladies

Hi there

Since U not gonna be in ur room most of the time, I suggest for the couple of U ladies ^__^, take a look at A Traveller Rest Stop.

http://www.atravellersreststop.com.sg/

4-bed dorm as a private room (2 sets bunk beds) with attached bathroom @SGD80.00 /room /night

6-bed dorm as a private room (3 sets bunk beds) with Atttached bathroom @SGD120.00 /room /night

Or U can also check out Strand Hotel as Suggest by De above.

Good Luck

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 34
3. Re: A Decent Budget Hotel for a Couple of Ladies

The Strand would be at the top of my list.

See:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294262-i1747-k894…

4. Re: A Decent Budget Hotel for a Couple of Ladies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 20, 2009