We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Carlton Millenia

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 52
Ritz Carlton Millenia

Have booked 6 nights here mid 2007 and noticed in a recent review that they were charged an extra $36 per day for "facilities". Is this the norm? We have booked a premier suite on a high floor. Any comments on these type of rooms?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 47
1. Re: Ritz Carlton Millenia

I have never been charge a fee for facilities at the Ritz, I had just read that review and I think the guest didnt realized there is a total of 16% tax on top of the cost per night (broken down into 10% tax, 5% GST and 1% cess). If u see it in your bill, u will have each night's room charges for each day and under each one of this charge, u will find the taxes but it all comes down to the same thing in the end, there isnt any extra charge. If u do see any extra, then u have a right to say something coz Ritz SIN is not a resort and shouldnt be charging a resort fee (which I have to say the number of times since the opening of this hotel that I had stayed here, there was NEVER once a charge for this).

Not only that, that review also said that there is nowhere else to dine (for breakfast) which I disagree coz it is linked to the outdoor food court of Marina Square by a glass door (walk past the cafe and the Japanese restaurant) as well as the indoor food court. In Marina Square, there are also other choices.

Not only that, the Conrad is also a couple of minutes walk away and they do a pretty good breakfast. U can also easily walk to Suntec and there u have even more choices for breakfast !

Good Luck.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 47
2. Re: Ritz Carlton Millenia

PS. btw, if u make the reservation thru the website or from a local travel related services, u will be told about the taxes (in most of the rates u will find the ++ symbol which is the taxes).

If u had booked thru' some sites like asiabesthotel.com, the prices include the taxes.

So u should definitely check and see what your situation is for ur reservation.

Good Luck

Perth, Australia
reviews: 52
3. Re: Ritz Carlton Millenia

Thanks de last one for your informative reply. The rate we have got includes all the taxes so I guess we will not be charged any more.

I have read a lot of your replies and they are always very helpful.

4. Re: Ritz Carlton Millenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 16, 2009