We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Standards

Australia
Dress Standards

Hi Everyone,

Just two days to go before I fly to Singapore and then onto Egypt for my Intrepid adventure. My husband and I are very limited in the amount of clothing that we can take.

We would like to visit Raffles hotel and will be staying at the Ritz Carlton on the way home. I am afraid that if we only take jeans that we may not gain entry into some of these establishments therefore I am seeking some advise on dress standards for some of the hotels in Singapore.

Txs

Gulfport, Florida
reviews: 24
1. Re: Dress Standards

Jeans are way to warm anyway. :)

They let me in with cotton twill trousers -- about as casual as can be except for jeans.

Heck, I even had my Sydney Swans cap on and they STILL let me in. :)

Paul

Singapore
reviews: 31
2. Re: Dress Standards

hi ya,

Agree with Paul..

Singapore is very hot and humid, people tend to dress casually most of the time (if not all of the time). There should be no problems getting into hotel dress in jeans...

CY

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 59
3. Re: Dress Standards

raffles do not allow access to the main part of the hotel if u r not a guest but the arcade area where the shops and dining outlets are, welcome everyone. U can wear anything into Long Bar - shorts, Tees, etc, no one would stop u.

Ritz is the same but their fine dining restarants require smart casual. I wore shorts in and out of Ritz all the time and no one blinks an eye.

Good Luck

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
4. Re: Dress Standards

Jeans are perfectly fine - even if the dress code states smart casual. Just team it up with a nice top. Be wary of your footwear though. Places like City Space at the Equinox don't let in patrons who wear sandals or flip-flops.

Have fun!

5. Re: Dress Standards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 16, 2009