We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

San Francisco...
reviews: 1
place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

WE are arriving at 12;30 am to Singapore and it is NOT a layover, boarding the cruise in the afternoon. By the time we clear customs it will be 2am probably. Any suggestions what to do in the airport in terms of rest until morning? To get to a hotel for a couple of hundreds of dollars miles from airport is not a wanted option…

Thanks in advance!

24 replies to this topic
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
1. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

Stay at the transit hotel. Minimum booking is 6 hours and then hourly after that.

http://www.harilelahospitality.com

harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel_roomra…

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
2. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

You go through immigration and collect your bags in the morning after you check out.

San Francisco...
3. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

Thank you,

I know that transit hotels only for people in transit,we need to be in departure area in order to use transit hotel… even if they don't ask for boarding pass for the next flight which we won't have, how can we leave our bags not being picked up by us? what will happen to them?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 15
4. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

Hello CATWOMAN025,

Unclaimed bags will be taken from the carousel and placed with the Lost&Found counter in the middle of the Arrival Hall. Those who are delayed in the transit area ( ie took their time shopping at DFS or exploring the many gardens and other facilities in the transit area) can claim their bags from the L&F counter. This service is free if you arrived with a full service airline.

Cheers

San Francisco...
5. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

Thank you Nancy,

The website for transit hotel says that we should NOT go thru immigration AND we need to show them the departing flight info. So unfortunately the transit hotel won't work for us…Would you know if there is a convenient area in the airport where we can stretch ou?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
reviews: 147
6. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

Hello,

You do not need to show or provide your departing flight details. When you book on the website for the transit hotels you can either choose "Reservation based on flight details" or "reservation based on check in and check out time".

Just get off your flight, find your way to the Transit Hotel and stay based on our check-in and check out times (chosen by you when you booked), then after your 6 hour block of time (or whatever extra time you have booked and paid for) you walk down and go through immigration/customs, then go and collect your luggage from lost and found as Mankster and SingaporeNancy advised.

Edited: 5:05 pm, December 25, 2013
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
7. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

Hello again,

Yes, try to get a room. Advanced booking is advisable. If you are unable to get a room, then these are alternatives available at the airport.

changiairport.com/at-changi/…rest-areas

Good luck

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
reviews: 147
8. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

I just make sure I have some toiletries, change of clothes, ipad, book etc in my hand-luggage ready for my stay at the Transit Hotel, then after a good 6hr rest I go through immigration and my luggage is there at lost and found. Then I can proceed into the city.

San Francisco...
9. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

That's great! thank you very much!

But do you think it is safe to leave our luggage at the carousel for lost and found to get it later? Is not it an invitation for somebody else to grab them as their own?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
10. Re: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport

Hello again CATWOMAN025,

Imo, its a risk you have to take. It does happen although very rare. I personally experienced it myself, twice, some years ago. It can be mistakenly taken by other fellow passengers as luggage claim is not in the public area. And I did get my luggage back which the airport people delivered to me the next day. ;)

Hope this helps.

Reply to: place to seat/sleep/lay down in Singapore airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted