We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange MYR to SGD

Butterworth...
Exchange MYR to SGD

I'm a Malaysian, just want to ask a weird question: should I exchange to SGD locally or do so at Singapore? I wonder if there is any differences between the rate?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
1. Re: Exchange MYR to SGD

No doubt rates will be different. Check indicative rates in Singapore here http://www.mustafa.com.sg/forex.asp

And compare them with what you can get at home.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
reviews: 24
2. Re: Exchange MYR to SGD

U can compare the rate in this Link below & Compare with those in Ur City:

http://www.raffles1.net/currency.asp

===> This is at the famous Jurong Point shopping centre. (1st floor)

The other better one is at the Basement of Jurong Point (Behind Bee Cheng Hiang BBQ pork)

Cheers

Edited: 11:54 am, September 28, 2013
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 16
3. Re: Exchange MYR to SGD

Hi Luc Tong,

I remember reading a post that said the rate at City Square, JB was better than what you can get in Singapore. Personally, I have never checked as I usually do not carry much cash on me when I enter Malaysia. But yes do check the rates indicated in the previous posts and compare them with what you can get locally.

My $0.02.

SG
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 3
4. Re: Exchange MYR to SGD

Singapore Nancy, the exchange rate is not necessary cheaper in JB. Over the pass several months, I had been changing SG to RM and I get better rate in SG than over in JB. The stated rate at most counter in JB is much lower than SG. However, if you approach them and ask about the rate, they do offer better rate than stated on their window. If you are not changing much like I do, the difference isn't significant. Don't need to bother much. As for now, the difference is some what marginal for small amount. so no worry.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 16
5. Re: Exchange MYR to SGD

Thanks for the info, bbmars! :o)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 47
6. Re: Exchange MYR to SGD

I always change RM in KL .... find better rates at my local money changer.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
reviews: 24
7. Re: Exchange MYR to SGD

SGD to MYR have better rate in KL (especially money changer at Mid valley)

8. Re: Exchange MYR to SGD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 01, 2014