We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore airlines stopover deal

London, United...
reviews: 1
singapore airlines stopover deal

Hi, Has anyone tried the SIA stopover deals? Just want to know if their hotel rates are better or whether one is better off booking oneself. thanks

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 18
1. Re: singapore airlines stopover deal

They usually are pretty good deals as SIA has considerable buying power - but as they are for the bottom end rooms only as soon as you want a room upgrade then they lose out.

You do want to hunt around to see if someone else (including the hotel in question) has a better promotion which is entirely possible, especally for short term deals, but for a constantly available room rate they do well.

I've tried to use it on at least three occasions, each time stymied by the fact the hotel I wanted didnt have availabiity on the nights I wanted rather than poor rates.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
2. Re: singapore airlines stopover deal

The first night deal is pretty good usually, for subsequent nights it wort comparing rates, especially of there is more than one of you. SIA stopover package is charged per person as it includes attractions and such while hotels charge per room rather than per guest.

London, United...
3. Re: singapore airlines stopover deal

thanks. just noticed that. did you find any alternatives?

London, United...
4. Re: singapore airlines stopover deal

thanks. SIA also talk of sights to see in the deal which is why it sounded worthwhile but the reviews on trip advisor for the A grade seem to say the hotels are rubbish, which is why I wrote in. Any recommendations for a good place?

5. Re: singapore airlines stopover deal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 17, 2014