We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving 26/05 for 2 nights

UK
reviews: 1
Arriving 26/05 for 2 nights

Hi guy's we arrive SG on the morning of 26/05, myself , wife 17 year old son and his girlfriend we are staying at the Shang ri la, where would you recommend us to eat on our first night we love all manner of cuisine.

Thanks Jamie

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
reviews: 24
1. Re: Arriving 26/05 for 2 nights

If U are too tired to venture far & arrive b4 7pm at hotel, check out The Line at the Shangri-La for buffet.

Or walk further down to Takashimaya, check the basement Food Hall for great option OR the 3 to 4th floor........restaurant......

Else, take a taxi to The Esplanade & eat at the Open Air Glutton Bay. Local hawker food........The stall start after 6pm and remember to Try the Satay from Allambra.

But My favourite is still CHIJMES........

The restaurant to check out are:

(1) Hog's Breath (Great Australia Steak place)

(2) Lei Garden (Great Cantonese Good)

(3) Bobby Rubino (bar & Restaurant, western)

have fun chomping ^__^

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 59
2. Re: Arriving 26/05 for 2 nights

would u prefer fine dining or something casual ? It is always fun to go to the river side (boat quay, clark quay or esplanade) for some atmosphere and food, these areas have choices for both a proper restaurant for fine dining or casual sit out places by the water.

Tokyo
reviews: 1
3. Re: Arriving 26/05 for 2 nights

I would head straight to Boat Quay. Try and get booked (before you leave home) for dinner at Indochine at Empress Place. The food is good but the location is the key. Then after dinner you are well located to go for drinks along Boat and Clarke Quays.

This branch of Indochine is located on the River, across from all the crowds and provides excellent views of the Singapore skyline. Make sure you book up a table outside on the patio, not indoors.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 49
4. Re: Arriving 26/05 for 2 nights

It's really easy to get anywhere by MRT or bus or a combination of both. Also taxis, by British standards if nowhere else, are pretty cheap too. So anywhere on the island (pretty much) is doable.

Personally I am always exhausted by the end of my first night in Singapore so tend to go for a really nice lunch before I collapse later on! I tend to go to Clarke Quay as I know there'll be lots of choices...

Ari

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 59
5. Re: Arriving 26/05 for 2 nights

Clark Quay is also more trendy than Boat Quay which also means a little pricer. Both are different in atmosphere. Once the Square opens, it willl be really one of the better choices for 'hanging out/chilling/having a good time' place.

6. Re: Arriving 26/05 for 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 13, 2009