We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore 3 day itinery check

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
Singapore 3 day itinery check

Hi there,

We would very much appreciate any feedback about our trip next week for the first time to Singapore. We are a 50 years old fit couple and have a couple of must do's like Singapaore races and light show/fireworks. Please can you tell us if our itinery is too ambitious or if we should fit another couple of things in nearby.

Arrive 7.30pm 6/3/13 stay at Capri by Fraser Hotel near airport.

Taxi to East Coast Seafood Centre on first night for dinner.

Day 1:

Botanic Gardens

Orchid Rd

Night Safari Singapore Zoo

Day 2:

Little India

Arab Districts

Raffles Hotel Long Bar

back to Hotel

Singapore Horse races (Friday night)

Day 3:

Gardens by the Bay

Marina Bay walking itinery

Singapore Flyer

Marina Bay lights/fireworks (Sat night)

We go 6am next morning to Vietnam, so can relax there. Is this a good order to do things in each day please? Thank you for your time.

Trudy

Singapore
reviews: 113
1. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

I presume on day 1 you are not planning to do both the zoo and the night safari? That would be rough especially if you want to do some shopping on Orchard Rd too. If just Night Safari, that's fine.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 18
2. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

Seconded the fact with that itinerary you cannot sensibly do the Zoo and the Night Safari. Just in case there's confusion here, as some think the Night Safari is the zoo opened at night - the two are not the same attraction - they sit next to one another but are not the same collection.

If you intend to go to Raffles have an explore of th epublic areas of the hotel as well as just the long bar - if you intend to drink the sling, then the Long Bar has the history and all but the slings are all too often pre-mixes than have been sitting around a while, sometimes jazzed up with a squirt of soda water. This does negatively impact the drink so far as I am concerned, but its what you have to accept for the Long Bar...other locations in the hotel serve them made to order and makes a difference. If the history rather than the drink itself is your destination then the Long Bar wins hands down.

You do have two sets of gardens in there with the Botanic Gardens and the Gardens by the Bay - fine if thats your priority, but you could use one or other time slot to get a wider range of Singapore attractions into the itinerary.

singapore
3. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

ques:u going to hawker ctr or restaurant?

Day 1:

Botanic Gardens

Orchid Rd: ques:are u refering to orchard rd?

Night Safari Singapore Zoo ques:u going to singapore zoo or night safari?

Day 2: ques: u going to shopping or sight seeing? more to chinese ,indians or malay?

Little India

Arab Districts

Raffles Hotel Long Bar

back to Hotel

Singapore Horse races (Friday night)

Day 3: ques:wat mode of transport u choosing, MRT , walking or cab?

Gardens by the Bay

Marina Bay walking itinery

Singapore Flyer

We go 6am next morning to Vietnam, so can relax there. Is this a good order to do things in each day please? Thank you for your time.

Trudy

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 16
4. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

Hi Tr00dz,

First and foremost, your hotel is not in the city. Imo, your choice of transport to the city is either taxi or mrt. If you choose the mrt be aware that you need to transfer to the EW line heading for Joo Koon at the Tanah Merah station. At peak hours the train will be very, VERY crowded. My suggestion is for you to travel outside of peak hours which mean you would have to set out at around 7-7:30 am or after 9:30 am. If you choose the taxi, you will encounter heavy rush hour traffic which will add to your taxi fare as the ERP is in operation then. And hopefully, you will encounter heavy but smooth traffic without any mishaps to delay you further.

As for your itinerary, normally we would not recommend to do the Zoo and the Night Safari on the same day as you will be too weary after the zoo to do full justice to the Nght Safari. Especially in our hot and humid weather. But in your case you do not have the time to move it to another day. Just note the following:

1. The Orchid Garden is inside the Botanic Gardens.

2. The Polytrack Mile Championship is at 6:20 pm on Friday, 8 Mar 13.

3. Try to catch the free light and sound show, Garden Rhapsody, at 7:45pm at Gardens By The Bay.

4. Also try to catch the free water and light show,Wonderful, at 9:30 pm at Marina Bay Sands Promenade.

This will help you plan your travel while you are here.

http://www.smrt.com.sg/Trains/NetworkMap.aspx

http://gothere.sg/

taxisingapore.com/external/…

Have a wonderful time in Singapore!

Edited: 3:40 am, March 01, 2013
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
5. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

Thanks so much for feedback. Very helpful with the MRT time frames.

It was the Night Safari I meant to say. Also Raffles isnt so much for the sling (probably have a beer), but just to look. We do want to see both gardens as they seem quite different.

Will go to a restaurant at East Coast Seafood Centre. I meant Orchard Rd sorry but not so much to shop as to look if it's worth it for just that. We are using a mix of transport but will give the MRT a good go. Am now wondering whether Little India and Arab District are worth going or if we should put something else in there.

Thanks again!

Singapore, null...
6. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

day 2 i doubt you will have time to go back to your hotel. the kranji race track is quite far. taxi from the orchard area is at least 30mins without jam. mrt should be at least an hour.

day 3 is fairly empty if there are some places you cant finish u can come back on day 3

singapore
7. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

iterniary for u

Arrive 7.30pm 6/3/13 stay at Capri by Fraser Hotel near airport.

u can try jumbo seafood (chili crab only) other dishes is so so to me

Day 1: (if u are planning to go zoo and night safari)

opt out Botanic Gardens

opt out orchard rd

Zoo (1/2 ) day night safari (it only open from evening time) pls choose weekdays to go to night safari as waiting to take tram could be long! it is compusory to take tram, there no way for u to walk

Day 2:

Chinatown-(plently of food to eat and thg to see, den walk to see buddha relic tooth, while walking u will pass by a india temple also famous for visitor-there is a also a nearby maxwell hawker centre, plenty of food (u can try chicken rice and famous Tohua

u can take a cab to bugis which is not more than SGD 10 to bugis village

Bugis villiage-pls google is, den ask the local ppls for direction of Guanyin temple which is very famous for local chinese to pray

over there also got hawker centre ,lots of tropical fruits.

If u dare , u can try Durian, pls chk the rate before buying.

To play safe, buy those durian which is in a packet, as normall the price already stated there, else if u ask them to open the durian for u which is the freshest, for top grade can cost $30/kg , it so ex partly they see u as a tourist

u got to give it a try, but only buy those price stated in the packet

opt out Singapore Horse races (Friday night) is really out of the way

last stop-provided u still got energy

shopping @ mustafa , u can take mrt from bugis to farrer park

Mustafa is a 24hour shopping largest shooping ctr, wat u have in mind, they will all have. plentiul of indian food and dun worry basically is very safe to shop in wee morning times as singapore is a safe city

Day 3:

Gardens by the Bay( 2hr u can finish)

aft thean can go sentosa their aquarium and follow by songs of the sea or other activitess that suit u, u also can go USS but i dunno whether it suit u, please google it

rwsentosa.com/language/…SEAAquarium

opt out Singapore Flyer, u can try river cruise also

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 16
8. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

Jijipongpong,

You are again assuming that a person is over the hill just because he is 50 years old. Note that OP said

<<<<We are a 50 years old fit couple and have a couple of must do's like Singapaore races and light show/fireworks.>>>

<<<< We do want to see both gardens as they seem quite different.>>>>

The itinerary is based on OP's interests and preferences. This is something that contributors here always recommend travelers do for themselves for they

are the ones who know their stamina.

Come on!!!!! ..... If 40 is the new 20, then 50 is ...........??? One thing for sure, definitely not old!

Edited: 4:57 am, March 02, 2013
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 18
9. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

As another aside it is not compulsory to take the tram at the night safari and saying 'there no way for u to walk' about it is most certainly grossly incorrect.

A quick look at the map shows this...

www.nightsafari.com.sg/assets/pdf/parkmap.pdf

The tram is included in the entry price, and there are a couple of bits the tram is the only way to see - the right hand loop on the map is the big one, but equally there are parts that you can only see by walking - the Leopard Trail section for example, the wallaby trail and large parts of the Fishing Cat trail. If you do not want to do the tram you can still do plenty and actually in my opinion the walking sections are the best (though I recommend the tram for a ride).

singapore
10. Re: Singapore 3 day itinery check

SingaporeNancy

hi, i'm already apologised for that with no offence.

myrm

sorry for the misleading. as i never read more information for night safari

based on my last experience, is actually a rainy days when i visit night safari on weekend, i would personally advise to visit during weekdays