We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore vacation with family

philippines
reviews: 11
singapore vacation with family

Hi! I need a little help with regards to our itinerary for our scheduled vacation in Singapore. I will be with my husband and two kids ages 10 and 4 both boys. Our arrival date is on June 1 and we will be staying at YWCA Fort Canning Lodge till the 5th. From June 5 till June 7 we are booked at shangri la rasa sentosa. Our departure date is June 7. Need help regarding fun stuff to do for kids? Or whether we will get the Jurong Birdpark, Singapore zoo and night safari package and visit it all for one day. or is it wise to visit jurong first then the zoo and night safari on the second day. also do you know of any filipino restaurants in singapore because my kids can sometimes be choosy when it comes to food. thanks and I would really appreciate it if you can give me feedback with regards to this.

reviews: 19
1. Re: singapore vacation with family

As I have said on another thread, I would not do Jurong Bird Park, Zoo and night safari all in one day, one day each would be better and more varied. I think there is a shopping Mall in Scotts Road called Far East Plaza which is very popular with filipinos so I am sure you will find the appropriate food there.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 59
2. Re: singapore vacation with family

all the attractions in one day is too much, if u choose to go to the bird park, try to drop by the Science Center or IMAX, really fun place to visist esp. for boys.

Zoo is good enough, not sure if u want to spend the evening doing the night safari as well, may be too many zoos in one day.

As for food, hope the link below helps :

www.geocities.com/TheTropics/9775/food.html

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
reviews: 24
3. Re: singapore vacation with family

Hi Bayasyonista

Here's my suggestion:

June 1: Check out Orchard Road shoppingwhich is walking distance from the YWCA, walk over to Plaza Singapura & start from there up to centrepoint & even Takashimaya. On orchard road, after shopping, take Bus#143 & alight after the bus turn infront of Plaza Singapura & walk back to hotel (2min away). Check out Lucky Plaza for Philippines food.

June 2: Check out the Zoo, early morning. Then after zoo, check out Bugis village, bugis Junction mall / Suntec city / marina Square Mall & The Esplanade (open Air Glutton bay for great local fare). OR Bring ur 2 boy to eat at Carls Jnr (YUMMY Big Burger; One at the basement of Carrefour in Suntec & another over at Suntec City mall).

www.zoo.com.sg

June 3: Check out Jurong Bird Park, early morning. Then after, proceed to Jurong East Central to have Lunch & walk over to Singapore Science Centre (Dinosaurs exhibition going on) to check out the interesting exhibit there. From here U can decide if U like to go Nite Safari (My opinion, Nite safari not that interesting as Zoo ^__^).

http://www.birdpark.com.sg/

http://www.science.edu.sg/ssc/index.jsp

June 4: Do Little India in the Morning, then chinatown afternoon & process to orchard for more shopping & eating.

June 5-7: Everything Sentosa ^__^.

http://www.sentosa.com.sg/

Have a great time.

philippines
reviews: 11
4. Re: singapore vacation with family

Hi! Thank you very much. You guys are the best!

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 29
5. Re: singapore vacation with family

Hi bakasyonista!

Kamusta !!! We took our children then aged 12, 10 & 6 to Sing 2 summers ago for 2 weeks & enjoyed most of the suggested activities included in the other posts. They really had fun in the Science Musuem, Sentosa, Zoo as well as the Night Safari although at that hour, they were already tuckered out & personally was not as interesting as the Zoo. Agree with Noodles to skip the BIrd Park.

The most memorable experience they had though was our boat ride at Clarke Quay to see the Merlion which unfortunately was under repair . As we rode out in the little boat, a thunderstorm hit & we had a fantastic lights & sounds show out in the water !!! Thankfully they had tarps that kept us dry. They had a blast !!! So was the delicious dinner by the Quay, the game arcade & the fantastic colorful iced desserts.

Found out that it worked best for us to set out one day to the sights & then stay at the hotel the next day to enjoy the pool & local Orchard area then again out for the following day.

I had a great time discovering interesting finds at Tekka Center for gorgeous Indian Outfits. The food in the Hawkers Center is good & very cheap ! Check out Sim Lim for your electronic needs.

Enjoy your stay !!! HOpe you find some adobo for the kids. We head back to Sing a few weeks after you do. Chinatown, here I come !!! Can't wait to eat my durian.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
6. Re: singapore vacation with family

BMTTOYKO

U gonna come at the height of Durian Season ^___^.....

If U are Adventurous enough, check out Geylang (Take bus#7 From Orchard Road).......

Have fun.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 29
7. Re: singapore vacation with family

Thanks for the durian tip, fellow durian foodster !

Geylang here I come !!!

Last time we were there, we enjoyed durian #254 was it(?) & rambutan from the farm of my friend's family in Malaysia. YUMMMMMMM !!!

8. Re: singapore vacation with family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, May 25, 2006
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
9. Re: singapore vacation with family

Hi BMTtokyo

The Durian Street in Geylang is on Sims Ave, which is the middle main road btw Geylang Lor 12 to 19.

check www.streetdirectory.com for exact detail.

The best is the first store......than another one after this whole row in a corner shophouse before the traffic light...(I think there is a temple here.....didn't notice cos too distracted by the durian LOL).

Another one would be at a corner shophouse (cnr of Sims Ave & Lor 19) this shop is call Metro.

There are tables & chair for U to devour ur durian immediately & even basket for Ur empty Durian husk.

Best time to go is after 2pm, when they brng out the durian load from Malaysia.....Most durian truck arrive there around 11am.

Have a great trip.....YUMMY.......

10. Re: singapore vacation with family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 13, 2009