We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

Keighley
reviews: 2
Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

Hi, stopping in Singapore on 11/03/13 for 3 nights, staying at the Ibis on Bencoolen, can anyone suggest an intinery for these days, we are on the full package, transfers/attraction tickets included. Thanks.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
reviews: 147
1. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

Hello,

Working out your itinerary is part of your planning for the trip based on your personal interests and preferences.

If you search this forum and webpage links on the top and right side of this page you can find lists of attractions, food places to try, shopping areas, museums to visit etc. Also the Singapore Official Tourism Website is a great place to start your itinerary planning

www.yoursingapore.com

UK
reviews: 1
2. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

There are so many things to do in Singapore, before you arrive, and in order to maximise your time, which is not that long, you need to do some serious research, learn a little of what Singapore is all about.

Make a provisional plan, THEN bring it here so that we might best help/advise you and put YOUR itinerary into an order where you'll best use what time you have.

Happy researching. Alan.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g294265-Activi…

Brisbane, Qld
reviews: 73
3. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

Johnboy- can I ask what did your documentation say (or did you book through a TA?)? I just booked over the phone (with usual foreign intermediary) as not going til May the web site won't let you, and really not clear on my e-receipt or on-line itinerary that we have booked and paid for the full package (hotel+transfers+ attractions) rather than just hotel. Am thinking of trying to re-ring to re-confirm but not sure how helpful they will be. It's just the first time he did it he muffed it and when he re-did it it sounded like the new price he quoted me was the same as before but can't be sure as due to dodgy phone connection couldn't hear very well-why I like on-line bookings!!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
4. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

<< can anyone suggest an intinery for these days>>

We do not compose itineraries for the tourists, as it`s clearly the work of their travel agents. BUT... we can mention a few places where to look in order to build up your travel plans. You have to do it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yoursingapore.com

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294265-Activiti…

http://www.rwsentosa.com/

clarkequay.com.sg/malls/website/index.aspx

http://www.sentosa.com.sg/en/

http://www.smrt.com.sg/

Keighley
5. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

Hi gecko24,it was an ordeal trying to book a package after we had booked the flights,we finally got it booked after the third attempt, we know we are stopping in the hotel we wanted, but as for anything else it is a bit vague.The receipt i printed off does not shed any light on it either. It seems all will be reveiled when we arrive in Singapore. Will let you know how we got on.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 3
6. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

All pretty straight forward. We left Singapore this morning after doing the package for 3 days at the Ibis. When you arrive, for us T2 I just asked at an info. booth and was told to go to a booth further down. Handed over our receipt which was exchanged for vouchers that covered transfers and additional attractions included. Waited a further 10 minutes, then on the bus and taken to our hotel. This morning was an early start, with bus picking us up on time taking us to the airport.

Typical Singapore, all very well organised.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 10
7. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

As a general suggestion you can spend a day as Sentosa Island (Universal Studios , Hard Rock Cafe , Luge & Sky chair) , Marina Bay Sands Sky Park & shopping mall, Trishaw tour of Chinatown , Bumboat tour of Singapore river & shopping at Lucky Plaza & Bugis Street. That should be more than enough for the 3 days lol. Have fun , you will love Singers

Caloundra, Australia
reviews: 41
8. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

Which singers? Cliff Richard, Madonna,,

Carole

Brisbane, Qld
reviews: 73
9. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

dormani thanks for that and Johnboy please stop by after your hol and let us know how it went. I just double checked prices and only paying $2 more than the hotel plus attraction deal last year so presume all OK. Now making a short list of what we will do-we have done the bird park, zoo and night safari on previous stopovers but Marina Bay area etc is all new since we were last there.

Keighley
10. Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover Holiday

Hi gecko24, just got back and what can I say, superb, everything was great from arriving to departing, transfers on time to and from airport, use the sia bus if you want to get around Singapore, we did not have time to use all the attraction vouchers but the best one by far was the zoo.No complaints at all, good service from SIA.