We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 1
Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

Hi everybody ... I am sure many of you guys visited Ubin already.

I am planning to go there soon ...

Some questions ...

1) What kind of bikes do they rent there? Good quality? Premium MTBs? Or "low-cost bikes"?

2) Is there just one rental company or are there many? And where can I get the bike? Right there where I get off the boat?

3) I wanna ride around the island ... how much time do I need?

4) Are there signs leading around the island? Or is there just one street on the island, which leads around the island?

Many questions ... I would appreciate getting your replies. Thanks.

Frankfurt, Germany
1. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

Hmmm ..... no idea?

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

I do not go to Pulau Ubin often, maybe just once a year or so. But I hope my answers can help you or hopefully someone else will.

1) I'm not really familiar with bicycles but they have a range of bicycles going from the simple 4-gear type to the mountain bikes. They rent at a daily rate from about SGD6 to SGD 12 a day. Usually, they will ask that you return it by 8pm.

2) There are many rental shops. And they are located right in front of the jetty when you arrive. In fact, most of the eateries, rental shops, and convenience stalls are there. You should try to stock up on your necessities like water before you leave this general area.

3/4) That is pretty subjective. I usually spend half the day there just cycling about. When you arrive at the jetty, on the right there is some tourist information near the police station. You may be able to pick up a free map there.

Hope these links help.

http://www.wildsingapore.com/ubin/index.html

yoursingapore.com/content/…pulau-ubin.html

http://www.pulauubin.com.sg/

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 99
3. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

1. Mostly regular bikes.

2. More than one. Right off the jetty. u won't miss it.

3. Half a day is good. Go in the morning when its not too hot.

4. There are signboards. U won't be lost. Its a small island. Don't miss Chek Jawa, the main attraction there.

5. Expect some uphill rides. Don't speed when u go downhill. Bring suntan lotion, hat n sunglasses. And a coconut drink at one of the stalls after the ride is nice...

Edited: 9:13 pm, November 01, 2012
Singapore
reviews: 50
4. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

Exercise due caution when riding bicycles at Pulau Ubin. Its a nice place but not the safest of places for riding bicycles. As pointed out in previous posts, the roads go up and down and you have to stay alert for an odd vehicle appearing without warning from behind you or in the opposite direction. There have been odd accidents in the past.

Frankfurt, Germany
5. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

OK guys ... thanks a lot for your replies and the info.

I assume Ubin is definitely worth a visit ...

6. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:48 am, November 22, 2012
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 16
7. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

# 6 self promotion

8. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:48 am, November 22, 2012
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 80
9. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

Oh... YES, looks like VERY much advertizing, and will be deleted.

Frankfurt, Germany
10. Re: Pulau Ubin .... some questions!

Hi guys ... I'll be in Singapore again next week. Just returned some days ago ... I'm there quite often ;-)

This time I definitely wanna go to Ubin!

I've seen lots of buses in Singapore, but I never used them. I saw only people using their SmartCard or EzCard, but I've never seen anybody paying by cash. How to do it?

Second question ... when arriving at Ubin ... I can rent a bike. ANd then? Are there signs leading around the island? Do I really need a map or are there enough signs?