We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queensland
reviews: 8
stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

I have a 20 hour stop over at Singapore Airport, arriving 10pm. What can I do, is there airport lounges? how much do they charge. Is it worth going into the city for a few hours late at night. I presume I can leave luggage during the day and go for a tour.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 77
1. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

1/ <<What can I do, is there airport lounges? >>

The best idea for you is to book airport transit hotel. A time slot of 6 hours cost from 76 SGD nett.

https:/…transit_hotel_reservation.html

changiairport.com/in-transit/transit-hotel

2/ The access to the airport air-side hotels depends on what airline you fly in and out of SIN???? Please specify...................

3/ <<Is it worth going into the city for a few hours late at night.>>

I would sleep as much as i can and venture to the city in the morning....for breakfast and better VIEWS.

4/ <<I presume I can leave luggage during the day and go for a tour.>>

Luggage question , ONCE AGAIN, depends on what airline you fly in and out of SIN???? Please specify...................

If your things will NOT be tagged through to the final destination the baggage reclaim area is at the ground floor, after Immigration and before Customs. Please check nearby information displays for the carousel assigned to your flight. You can also collect bulky baggage such as surfboards in the same area. Free trolleys are available next to each carousel.

The left baggage service temporarily stores your bags, coats or other items. Please clear Customs and follow the signs for "Left Baggage". The service is at Basement 2 for Terminal 1 and Arrival Hall for Terminal 2 and Terminal 3.

changiairport.com/at-changi/…baggage-services

5/ if you fly full service airlines both legs, there is 99% chance your things will be stored in the airport hold during your stopover and be loaded to the next flight without your intervention.

Queensland
2. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

Thanks Schonefeld. Wife and I are flyying on the new air line. Schoot. We will be coming back from Bangkok on route to Australia and flight has nearly 20 hour stop over at Changi, Terminal 2, arrives approx 2315 and we are there until 2225 the following day. thought it would be too late to go to City for a hotel so might try at Air port. We have to collect luggage, and clear customs.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
3. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

Yes you will have to collect your luggage and clear customs at some point, even the next morning if you want to stay airside overnight in the transit hotel or one of the lounges.

There are left luggage facilities were you can store your suitcases until you are ready to check in for your next flight, so you don't have to drag them around town, in all terminals.

You need to decide if you want to stay in the transit hotel or one in town. Personally I would get a hotel in town. Something like the vhotel lavender is around S$150 per night, and you will save on left luggage charges as they will keep your luggage after you have checked out the next day till you are ready to head back to the hotel. Gives you the chance to have a late meal and take in the nighttime skyline before bed

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
4. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

If I were you I would book a hotel in downtown Singapore. Many here would recommend their favorite if you tell us your budget.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
5. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

YES, for precise hotel recommendation, please let us know your budget/ room/ night????

Queensland
6. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

Budget of $100-$150 for the night.Thank you all so far.

Hervey

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 43
7. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

hi, you may check V Hotel Lavendar or Ibis Bencoolen, they should fit your budget. Both will keep your luggage after check-out free of charge.

In the morning you may want to visit Little India, then walk to Arab Street and end at Bugis Market where you'll find one or two stalls selling fresh fruit juices - refreshing after a long stroll.

Then you may take mrt and go to Chinatown for lunch at Maxwell Food center and try chicken rice (Tian Tian stall #10). At Chinatown you can visit the Chinatown Heritage Centre - a little interesting museum about the history of the chinese community in Singapore. Also there is the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.

If you still have time you may go to Marina Bay for a visit: Merlion park and the Skypark on top of the Marina Bay Sands.

Though keep in mind you'll need to go back to your hotel to get your luggage and be at airport at least 2h before your flight.

There are shower facilities at airport - airside - if you need to freshen up before leaving Singapore.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 4
8. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

How can I book a 6 hour slot in the terminal 3 transit hotel on-line. I can only find whole night/next day booking facilities. It will not accept same day arrival and departure dates.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
9. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

Here is the booking page https:/…transit_hotel_reservation.html

You can choose to book by check in and check out time.

Edited: 2:20 pm, July 26, 2012
Jakarta
Destination Expert
10. Re: stop over for 20 hours Singapore airport,

<<I can only find whole night/next day booking facilities. >>

I think you confuse Airport Land-side hotel ( Crowne plaza changi) with Transit airport hotel (Ambassador). The reservation for which is here

http://www.changiairport.com/in-transit/transit-hotel;jsessionid=3630A45558720EDC287A438ED0B15F60