We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel Recomendation

New Jersey
reviews: 8
Need Hotel Recomendation

Wife and I will be traveling in SE Asia - Hong Kong, Singapore and then eventually Beijing. We like nice, but doesn't have to be top of the line. We don't need to be on Orchard Road, as we're not big shoppers. However, we do like to explore. Also like to experience local eats as opposed to hotel buffets - so breakfast availability is important to us. Would like to be near the MRT. We are in our mid-50's. Budget is around $250 per night - 4 night stay. We want clean and comfortable. Suggestions?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 100
1. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

is that USD? u can get 5* at that budget...

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 17
2. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

If your budget is 250 USD, you would have a good range of choices. Most people would recommend staying in in the 4 and 5 star establishments in the Marina area, Orchard, or Clarke Quay.

Most of the well-reviewed hotels that's within your budget according to booking.com, Asiarooms, and Zuji are: (And I really think that these hotels are great, having stayed at most of these places myself)

Fairmont - great location atop a good mall, grocery store, department store, and MRT station. Near Chjimes for dining and late night drinks. Right beside Swissotel Stamford, but I prefer Fairmont as it is more exclusive and definitely less crowded.

Royal Plaza on Scotts - right in the middle of Orchard, with access to buses, MRT, and about a dozen malls, and great restaurants.

Swissotel the Stamford - also well reviewed, right beside Fairmont. Also good, but I really prefer Fairmont. Request for a high floor with bay or river view. Good watering holes at the 70th floor.

Goodwood Park - very near Orchard, but not quite in the middle. Very good option if you want a place that's central but feels more quiet.

The Regent - managed by Four Seasons. Old, but I still like the lobby, and the rooms are still up to par. Good service too.

Swissotel Merchant Court - one of the most popular here in TA. In Clarke Quay, near MRT, nightlife, a lot of restaurants, and by the river. Fantastic location, and very good reviews.

Rendezvous Hotel - at the end of Orchard Road, good location near MRT, National Museum, restaurants. Newly renovated.

Carlton Hotel - right in front of Fairmont, Swissotel Stamford and Chjimes. Also great reviews, and a TA favorite.

Mandarin Orchard - right smack in the middle of Orchard, in between 2 MRT stations and a dozen malls.

Grand Park Orchard - newly renovated. Haven't tried this hotel yet - the reviews are mixed, but generally good. In front of Mandarin Orchard.

The other hotels that are fantastic, probably better than some on this list are: Mandarin Oriental, Marina Mandarin, Pan Pacific Hotel, Conrad, Ritz Carlton. As of now, the price is above your set budget. However, if you see a promo or sale, or if your willing to go up, then definitely go with one of these (especially Mandarin Oriental or Pan Pacific Marina).

Cheers.

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 42
3. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

hi, last time in singapore I stayed a RendezVous hotel. recently renovated. did have a pleasant stay there. Found the location very convenient to explore the coty, near Bugis market, close to Dhoby Ghaut stations (3 mrt lines there).

There is a Kopitiam nearby.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 44
4. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

You may be able to get the new Hotel Fort Canning for that price. The location is close to the Dhoby Ghaut MRT (a very central interchange for many lines, so great for exploring), but it will be a slight uphill walk when you are 'coming home' to the hotel. I have not stayed there but live in Singapore, the reviews are great and the property looks stunning.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 8
5. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

Hi, we stayed at the Pan Pacific Singapore and it was outstanding. Located in the Marina Bay area, we were able to walk to heaps of places and found we were just outside of the Orchid Road hustle & bustle. The rooms were beautiful and the staff very friendly, helpful and super efficient. The hotel is undergoing renovation for 3 months as of now, (not sure when you are travelling). I chose the Pan Pacific based on its Trip advisor reviews and it was everything everyone said and more. You would love it! (PS: Fantastic views of the Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer - request a high floor with balcony).

Sunshine Coast
reviews: 12
6. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

not much choice for breakfast near the Swissotel Merchant Court

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
7. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

Almost every hotel in TOP 10 of TA hotels in SIN is in your price range.

Pan Pacific

Conrad

Marina Mandarin

Swiss Mc

Swiss TS

Fullerton on the bay

Shangri-La

Naumi

Quincy

Fairmont

InterContinental Singapore

Singapore
8. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

Hey Capt Seaweed!

For that budget, you are spoilt for choice, what's more important would be to get a hotel very close to the train station. I suggest Fullerton Hotel as it's very close to Raffles MRT Station and it's right in the heart of the city. You'll be spoilt for choice of food with Golden shoe coffeeshop nearby, boat quay, timbre, and more. If you are okay with the CBD hustle and bustle, Fullerton will definitely give the both of you a great experience. =)

That's assuming your budget is about $250 USD.

If your budget is $250 SGD, I suggest V Hotel Lavender. Very near the mrt station for you to explore, with coffeeshops and a huge food centre nearby for you to enjoy. All other creature comforts are nice and of quality.

Cheers!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 57
9. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8205-Singapore…

If u want local exploration from your hotel doorsteps, try :

Holiday Inn City Center

InterContinental

Swissotel Stamford

Fairmont

any of the Marina Square Mall hotels (all 3 are great) and Convention center hotel (Conrad)

manila
reviews: 101
10. Re: Need Hotel Recomendation

Just came back from a stay at the Conrad. Highly recommended, but may be a little above budget.