We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi airport to hotel

Texas
reviews: 15
Taxi airport to hotel

Are there plenty of cabs, what is price to expect to pay from airport to Swissotel Merchant Court on Singapore River. Thank you for your help.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 57
1. Re: Taxi airport to hotel

u have no worries about cabs from the airport, there is always a line (even pass midnight) waiting to pick up passengers. Should cost about S$12 to get into town from Changi.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 57
2. Re: Taxi airport to hotel

sorry i meant to say S$12 or less

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
3. Re: Taxi airport to hotel

Hi Jane,

You don't have to worry about exorbitant taxi fares from the airport now. The Changi Airport Authorities (CAAS) have been receiving quite a no. of complaints about drivers illegally hijacking paseengers at the arrival hall and charging exorbitant fares that there's now a signboard at the baggage conveyor belt that tells you the approximate fare from the airport to town (S$15) so you know you won't be "ke-toked" (cheated in Singlish). Just follow the signage board that reads "Taxi Queue" and you should be safe. Ignore any person trying to make conversation with you and solicit business from you. Not that they dare operate under such strict airport regulations anymore, but just in case. You can even report such harassment to the CAAS authorities if you want to.

Like what de said, taxis are aplenty at the airport. You don't queue for the taxis. The taxis queue for your business ... ;-)

Don't believe me? Take a look at the long line of taxis on the opposite side of the road when you're travelling into town. Hahz!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
reviews: 24
4. Re: Taxi airport to hotel

jane2Travel

There is this Airport Shuttle that charge only S$7 from Airport to Specific Hotel (I believe MC is one of them). Check at the counter, after U had got Ur luggage, They are located in the Arrival Hall next to Singapore Tourism Information Counter.

I saw lots of Transportation Choices there when I last got back 3 days ago.