We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather end of January

England
reviews: 3
Weather end of January

My husband & I shall be travelling to Singapore end of January for 4 days stopover.

We have booked the Traders as this was recommended!! Hope this is OK!

What will the weather be like ? Hot & humid?

Will I require a wrap in the evening?

We shall also do some of the tours eg. Evening Tour of Singapore with alfesco dinner and drinks at Raffles. I assume that smart casual is the norm or do they dress up a little?

Any comments would be appreciated!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 57
1. Re: Weather end of January

Traders is a good choice. As for weather, SIN is always hot and humid but if you go near the water, the evening breeze is wonderful.

The only time you will need an evening wrap is going to the movies (the a/c are on full blast !) or some bars. If you are out for a stroll, you will be best in your most comfortable cotton summer clothes.

SIN is pretty casual and if you are dining in a nice restaurant or drinking spot, it is smart casual.

Have a good trip !

Travelling The World
reviews: 17
2. Re: Weather end of January

Rather than a wrap, bring a good umbrella, as there can be torrential downpours in January.

England
3. Re: Weather end of January

Thank you both so much! Your advice and comments are most appreciated.

Will be in touch on return.

Reading/London UK
reviews: 22
4. Re: Weather end of January

I've just come back from my first trip to Singapore.

My suitcase was full of little cardies and wraps for the evening, but they went pretty much unworn.

Outside in the evening, it's still ridiculously warm. As previously stated, you might only need one for indoors and fierce air-con.

Have a great trip, I fell in love with the place.

England
5. Re: Weather end of January

Thanks Panda, I am sure we will!!

UK
6. Re: Weather end of January

Hi,

I'm also going for the first time at the beginning of Feb and was wondering about the dress code in bars and restaurants. Is it acceptable to wear smart shorts and a shirt?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 57
7. Re: Weather end of January

the usual bars and restaurants are alright with shorts even flip flops but if you go into the trendier and more expensive one, you will feel bad about dressing down even if you are not asked to leave (which seldom happen in SIN). A nice shirt and skort is definitely acceptable in SIN.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 13
8. Re: Weather end of January

8 Jan, Sunday was raining the entire day.

9 Jan, Monday was clear in the morning until about 10am then rain the rest of the day.

10 Jan Today, Tuesday its been raining non stop so far.

Guess you'd better bring an umbrella just in case. But even in saying that - things change really fast. If you want another weather update, I'd repost this again closer to the date of departure.

England
9. Re: Weather end of January

Thanks SingaporeAndrew! I did notice on our world weather chart rather rainy at present time! Never mind, as long as I can get a dip in the pool and see the sights of the city, I shall be more than happy!

Ireland
reviews: 9
10. Re: Weather end of January

I am also going to Singapore on 18th Jan 06.Very disppointed with the long range weather forecast its for scattered thunderstorms for my first 4 days. Can anyone tell me does that mean its raining most of the time, is there any point in packing a bikini !!!!!!