We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food courts

australia
food courts

we are staying at the pheonix hotel, is there any food courts within walking distance, as we heard these are cheap to eat at

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 59
1. Re: food courts

just across from you is the Orchard Hawker Center and if you walk past Centerpoint, there is Cuppage (lots of choices). Also, a food court in the basement next to the building on Emerald Hill (forgot name of building), next to OG.

Behind you, you have quite a few choices too !!!

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 31
2. Re: food courts

exit towards orchard road, you have all those mentioned by de.

exit towards somerset road side (aka "behind" or lobby side), you will find much much much better food courts; so you cross the road you arrive at telecoms building. and on the right there is a smallish coffee shop with great food ("youth challenge" building).

ask anyone at telecoms building for killiney area, and there you will find lots of smallish coffee shop with mega-excellent food, especially singapore breakfast of toast with a "kaya" spread (pandan flavour), strong black coffee with condensed milk. (footnote: kopi tiam is vernacular for coffee shop and you should be looking out for killiney kopi tiam)

i can smell it now...

also find a supermarket called NTUC Fairprice there, cheaper than any supermarket on Orchard Road.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
3. Re: food courts

Oh slurp ... I'm thinking of the prata and teh tarik there already. Duhz - am only having vegetarian beehoon for lunch. Do you have to remind me alexiusp??