We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mrt travel

Omagh, United...
reviews: 27
mrt travel

hi everyone - can someone clarify how i go about buying a travel pas for the mrt - do i just get a card and top it up at the station - please help as i don't want to appear really dumb when i arrive and make a fool of myself!!

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 30
1. Re: mrt travel

Hello again Juicylady,

Just go to the ticketing counter if you'd like to purchase a stored value EZ-Link pass. There'll be a staff there who'd tell you exactly how much deposit/card charge you'll have to pay and will top up the EZ-Link pass accordingly (usually in denominations f S$10).

If you're just using the MRT occasionally and do not want to pay for the card charge of $5, then just make your way to any of the ticketing machines at the train station. Select "Buy Ticket", then select your destination (it's a touch-screen kind) and they'll tell you how much you'd have to pay. Upon arrival at your destination station, don't forget to go back to the ticketing machine and obtain your $1 deposit refund.

Trust this info would help. No worries .....

Omagh, United...
reviews: 27
2. Re: mrt travel

thanks checkers - hoping to have great fun when ui get there