We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day visit to Singapore

USA
5 day visit to Singapore

Hi,

I am visiting with my parents and brother to singapore this July. Can someone help me with the list of main places to be seen in 5 days. I am actually looking for a help who can tell me from which place to go where so that I dont waste time in just travelling.

Thanks in advance

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 34
1. Re: 5 day visit to Singapore

For general information go to the Singapore Tourism website,

www.newasia-singapore.com/sog/

For tourism specific info. click on the orange Singapore Passport 2005 link or go directly to,

www.visitsingapore.com./passport2005/

and click along the .../Places to go/Things to Do/... toolbar at the top of the page.

While your first question is what to see, your second may be how to get there.

To answer your second question, taxis are relatively cheap and plentiful. Taxis from the airport to almost any centrally located hotel will cost S$16-20. A hotel shuttle bus S$7. per person.

The SIA (Singapore International Airlines) Hop-On tourist bus stops at many convenient tourist destinations; the SIA Hop-On operates from 9am to 6 pm every half hour and costs S$3 per SIA passenger (SSH stop-over passengers no charge) or S$8 adult/S$5 child per day for all others (unlimited all day pass). The Hop-On bus is operated for SIA by S H Tours/asiatours For routing info. and destination info. see -

www.asiatours.com.sg/sia.htm

Alternatively, the SBS Transit (Singapore Bus Service) operates double decker City Buzz buses (S$1 per trip or S$5 all day pass) with stops at Dhoby Ghaut or the Singapore Art Museum, both close to the hotel. Operating hours are 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. with scheduled frequency every 10-15 minutes. The CityBuzz routing info. is available on the SBSTransit website (together with all other SBSTransit route info.) For all SBSTransit info. go to:

www.sbstransit.com.sg/

For the City Buzz tourist bus info. click on the CityBuzz link, or go directly to:

www.citybuzz.com.sg/

Both tourist buses provide excellent and inexpensive means for seeing the tourist sights of Singapore (though only SIA Hop-on will go as far afield as the Botanical Gardens.)

perth
2. Re: 5 day visit to Singapore

Hi the zoo night safari and bird park are all very good if you go to all three you canbuy a combined ticket for 30 dollars Sentosa island is excellent also if you would like to see some jungle you could try yhe bukit timah nature reserve the tiger balm gardens are also quite nice merlion park and clarke quay are by the river dont go to the reptile park oppissite the bird park it is horrible.for shopping little india is very cheap especially serangoon plaza and the markets also mustafa centre is open 24 hrs some of the small shops along the road have bargains bugis junction markets are also very good and suntec city has a large fountain the laser and fountain display on sentosa at night is definetly worth seeing orchard road is very busy on a saturday night and little indiais very busy on a sunday as taxis are cheap it is probably best if your on limited time to take a taxi so you dont spend all your time travellingorchard roadshops are very nice but expensive one shopping centre has an elevator that goes into a fish tank could be ngee ann city but not sure they all link together and I cant always tell were one starts and another finishes but im sure someone else would know for sure the web site mentioned above is your best bet as there is so much to seealso if you have a local singapore tourist promotion board they are usually very helpful with maps and brochures

fremont, CA
3. Re: 5 day visit to Singapore

if you guys are interested in swimming also, you might be interested in visiting the mini water park in Jurong East.

You can visit this website for more information. It is not really a tourist place but I went there with my kids and they loved it.

www.singaporemirror.com.sg/co_jurongesc.htm