We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Singapore

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 13
New Year in Singapore

Hi, we will be visiting family in Singapore for Christmas & New Year. Would like to organise something for New Years Eve, thought it might be nice to book in a hotel for the night. Would like somewhere that we can people watch, have a few drinks and something nice to eat. Don't want anything that we have to really dress up for, smart casual really.

We have a very mixed party though, age range 17 - 73 so need something that will suit all. If anyone has any ideas please let me know (we're booked at the Grand Hyatt for Christmas brunch so would prefer somewhere different). Thanks

asia
reviews: 170
1. Re: New Year in Singapore

I recommend the Mandarin Oriental or the Pan Pacific Hotel which have open concept atrium so the release of balloons from the upper floors at the stroke of midnight really puts celebrants in a party mood. Both hotels are located on the waterfront and at the Mandarin Oriental you will probably see ships berthed in port sounding their horns and flashing their beacons. However, book your New Year's Eve dinners at these hotels only if you can get a room for the night because you would not be able to get a cab back to the Grand Hyatt to rest after the merrymaking. Hope this helps.

Isle of Man, United...
2. Re: New Year in Singapore

Thank you very much, the Mandarin Oriental looks lovely, I'll try to get a good deal on that I think

Isle of Man, United...
3. Re: New Year in Singapore

Please help. Having looked at the Mandarin Oriental I was hooked. However, they have no Harbour View rooms left as they're all taken by people wanting to watch the firework display (like me). Does anyone know of amy other hotel which will have a good view of the harbour and the fireworks on New Yeas Eve?

Butterworth...
reviews: 1
4. Re: New Year in Singapore

My vote goes to the Ritz Carlton Millenia. My family was there in mid August and the view of the fireworks was lovely. Other hotels with waterfront views include the Swissotel Stamford, Fullerton Hotel and Marina Mandarin. Have a great time.

Manila
5. Re: New Year in Singapore

This restaurant has been getting rave reviews, compliments. and a regular following....our personal favorite too! Great off the beaten track vegetarian and holistic restaurant. You can be a vegetarian and not even feel like you're losing out! The food stretches from Meditteranean to local favorites...Dont forget to try their wine alternatves......enzyme drinks! Sensational!!

Their Christmas and NY's meals I believe are under S$50! A steal!

7 Sensations

16 Madras Street

Singapore 208413

(Behind Tekka Mall)

Tel: 6298 8198

7sensations@gmail.com

6. Re: New Year in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 13, 2009