We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posting again as no one seems to be replying

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
reviews: 7
Posting again as no one seems to be replying

Hi! I'm from Mumbai, India. Planning a holiday with my husband and 6-yr old son in 1st week of November for 4N/5D. I'm so confused....Please help! 1) How's Hotel Fortuna? Hotel Parkroyal on Kitchener Road and 3) Hotel Windsor? Also, would you recommend that we stay for 2 nights in Singapore and 2 nights on Sentosa? Is this advisable? Check-in in most hotels is only at 12.00 noon and we're reaching at 7.00 am, what can we do about our luggage for that time, similarly check-out is at 10.00 or 12.00 and our flight back is at 7.00 pm? please do reply.. we want to have a pleasant stay and want to make it very enjoyable for our son. All of us are travelling abroad for the first time.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
1. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

All the hotel are about the same standard, I think Windsor is the best. Staying in Sentosa is much more expensive than the hotels you mentioned. I would save the cash and upgrade your singapore hotel for the 4 nights personally. No real need to stay on Sentosa when you in Singapore for only 4 days. You can drop your luggage off at you Hotel and then go for breakfast / Sighseeing / shopping till your room becomes available (usually before official check in time). May be you can freshen up at the Hotel pool shower area. Same for check out, leave your bags at hotel and return to pick them up later or Check in early at Changi if you flaying SIA or store your bags at left luggage at changi before going back into town.

London, United...
reviews: 45
2. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

Hi! I agree with the post above. I'm not familar with any of the hotels mentioned though. I would try to book a 4* or 5* hotel in Singapore and not Sentosa as it would be more convinient. Let me know if you would like any reccomendations for other hotels.

Most hotels are flexible if you request for an check in/late check out so I would try that first. Otherwise just leave your bags with the hotel, have breakfast or go sightseeing around the area.

Hope you have a nice time in Singapore!

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 42
3. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

mmm my reply was here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k149…

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

Thanks a lot for your inputs...I'm less confused now...Just wanted to know if you have any idea about Grand Mercure Roxy hotel which is a 4* it seems?

And very sorry huow, I didn't acknowledge that you were very kind to reply promptly, Thanks a lot for that but I needed some Singaporeans also to reply and so got a bit emotional when I didn't see any responses from them..sorry again!

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

How's Hotel Fortuna? Hotel Parkroyal on Kitchener Road and 3) Hotel Windsor?

No much idea about these hotels. I need the hotel location to advice more. As for kitchener road, its consider near to Little India but not town area. However, its still pretty near to Town.

I dont see the need to stay in Sentosa. U can just leave yr things in hotel and then go Sentosa for a whole day trip. PRetty tired but I think if u are having budget in mind, then dont stay at Sentosa. Singapore is easily accessible, including Sentosa. U can just grab a cab at vivo city and go down to the hotel. There might be buses to Sentosa from town.

u can check from www.sentosa.com.sg

They should give clear instructions in their website.

I cannot help much on the luggage issue because i dont "travel in singapore". hehheee. But u can always check with the relevant hotels abt their policies. Or check early into the airport or go there early for dinner etc. Plenty to shop around at that time!

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 42
6. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

eheh, no problem Sandy :)

one more point: IMO - usually - people who can talk you about hotels are tourists not residents...

Beside that, you will see that this Singapore forum is full of residents ready to help you about hotel locations, transportation, sightseeing, food, ...

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

Hiya again!

I've checked from the www. Okay, Hotel Winsor is nearer to Singaporean places of living (more away from town). Of course, we also have people staying at Kitchener etc but Winsor is more away from where hotels should normally be from the central area. Just my own opinion.

It seem pretty near from the website to Aljunied MRT but its not as convenient when u compared Kitchener Road and Rangoon Road.

…parkroyalhotels.com/s38698/location_map.html

As you can see, Kitchener road is a small stretch of road from the 2 main road. There's pretty much foods available in that area even at 9plus to 10pm and later. This hotel should be much bigger than the other one located at Rangoon Road.

If u can take meat & non-hala foods, Rangoon road has nice Bak Ku Teh too. Chinese pork ribs soup. I havent tried that stall but people said its good. During weekends, i think u will see more gathering of indians (mostly here on work permit) around Little india, on that area before Fortuna Hotel. Both Royal P & Fortuna are near to Mustafa. Open 24hrs. I dont shop there but it seem very popular shopping center for people.

U can find pretty good foods along Jalan Besar if u can find yr way. Authentic local foods. Cheap and nice. Somemore Kitchener Road is just in between. On one side, Jalan Besar is mostly chinese and chinese foods.

(Town)

| | | |

| ^ | | |

| a | | b |

-----------------------------------

c

----------------------------------

| ^ | | |

| | | |

| a | | b |

(away from town)

If u can see, A= Jalan Besar road, direction going to Town (1 way only)

B= Serangoon Road, direction away from Town. This should be Fortuna Hotel location

C= Royal P. Hotel. I'm not sure if its a 2way street but I know from B can turn right to C. Hotel is nearer to B than A

Between A & B = shop houses/shopping centers with 1 way street linking here n there.

I really tried my best to help and hope its useful.

Serangoon road is mostly indians. They are pretty far from one another. its 1 way street/direction for these 2 roads. Serangoon Road from Fortuna Hotel will be leading away from Town whereas Jalan Besar will be leading to Town (Bugis, Orchard Road, City Hall).

Along Kitchener Road, nearer to Jalan Besar, U can find plenty of chinese restaurants/ one to two coffeeshops too selling chinese foods.

I think it makes no different in terms of location. One is nearer to MRT, another is nearer to Town direction. Both places, are less than a 5min car journey from one another.

In terms of standard or ***, I think Plaza is bigger hotel than Fortuna Hotel. More 'Glam' if u want me to compare.

Hope this helps.

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

Oppssss, I'm sorry. The drawing goes out of alignment after i submitted it. Wasted.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
9. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

Wow! Sporean, you have made my day! So thoughtful and nice of you to have done so much research for me...THANKS!!!

Also, thanks to Annalise and Mankster!

You all are awesome!! I'm sure I'll have a great time in Singapore because of all of you!

Singapore, Singapore
10. Re: Posting again as no one seems to be replying

No problem. I just hope i didnt confuse u further. Hope that you and yr family will enjoy this 1st overseas trip. :)