We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Malaysia

Australia
reviews: 42
Taxi to Malaysia

When I was last there in Feb, our tour guide to the Night Safari talked about how cheap it was just to hop in a taxi and go over the border, supposingly $25 (can't remember if he said per person but i think it might be). Has anyone done this or any of the experts give me some advise how we would do this. We will probably stay at Clarke quays again and go from there. And what is over the Border :-)

perth
1. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

Hi Jacks24,

My mum did it a couple of years ago with her friend I cant remember where she caught the taxi but Ill ask her. Only certain taxis can cross the border. You pay for the taxi not per person and is often cheaper to come back then go. There isnt really anything but shopping over the border and isnt as clean as Singapore.Somethings are cheaper some not.I have done it but we went on the bus which was only a couple of dollars but mum said the taxi was alot quicker.

Aussie
reviews: 3
2. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

get a bus from queen st to malaysian terminal cost about $2.50 then taxi to holiday plaza about $5.00 lots of shops here. come back same way. don,t forget your passports and s/pore entry visa.

you can get a taxi from queens street cost is about $42.00.remember shops do not open untill 11 am if you have time its worth the trip. lots of copy goods including dvds and pc programs. good luck grumphy

Australia
3. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

thanks to you both. The bus sounds like a good option too, might even consider that.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 12
4. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

I heard that singapore is really cracking down on copy dvd etc and that they will confisicate these as you cross the boarder back into singapore so buyer beware.

Karratha, Western...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

Hi Grumphy

can you give us some more info please..............how long is the bus trip and where do we find info on the bus timetable?

Is it safe to come back after tea as guessing that if the shops don't open till 11am they stay open late at night

what do you mean by getting a visa back into singapore?

any other info you can think to give us would be appreciated as sounds like it could be a nice day trip to do

thanks

Aussie
reviews: 3
6. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

the bus takes about 40 mins. customs is not a problem with just a few copys of dvds. You go out through s/pore imigratation handing in ur entry visa into s/pore that you received when going into s/pore.

you then walk 50 metrs and go through malayasian imigragtion.comming back the same way s/pore imigration will re issue another entry visa that you will hand in when leaving s/pore.for Aussie hope this makes sence. the bus is easy. if you go bye taxi will cost

double. late at night is ok as its not peak period if you have time its worth the trip good luck grumphy

PS TAKE S/PORE VISA AND PASSPORTS

Karratha, Western...
reviews: 23
7. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

Thanks for the info................wifey is confused, but the male of the family has it sussed :o)

Australia
8. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

Not being rude Julieed but i wasn't planning on going over to Malaysia for copied DVD's. I actually love the fact that the Night Safari reminded me more of the real Singapore/Malaysian experience with its Tropical Jungles and was interested in experiencing Malaysia again since i lived there as a child. But thanks for the heads up :-)

Australia
9. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

Whoops forgot to say THANKS grumphy :-) great information.

10. Re: Taxi to Malaysia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 06, 2009