We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

War museum

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 2
War museum

Is the Changi jail war memorial worth seeing ??

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
reviews: 56
1. Re: War museum

It is a very moving experience - esp if you had a family member who experienced the war in S E Asia.

Worth a visit.

Singapore
2. Re: War museum

Worth it but it is abit far from the city.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 67
3. Re: War museum

If I have understood the posts, the Changi museum is not near the MRT and it is recommended that we would get a taxi there from the city. Is that right?

Is there a web site for the museum, to see about opening times and tours?

singapore
reviews: 35
4. Re: War museum

There is a pre-arrange tour that includes other war memorials like Labrador which also is nice.

www.changimuseum.com/Tours.aspx

sydney,aust.
5. Re: War museum

eric...

the museum opens at 9.00 am and there is a tour at 10.00 am ...go to the link in the post above..

it is best to get a taxi from town...

I have done the singapore walks tour mentioned above..i would recommend it...it starts from a mrt station.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
reviews: 355
6. Re: War museum

Changi Memorial is most definately worth a visit, we went by taxi. The Kranji War Memorial is also a must do, easy to go by MRT and The Battle Box is another good one. If you go to Sentosa Island Fort Siloso is fantastic. (Thats if your interested in all the War type things) We have been to all of them many many times taking Army friends etc.

I have more info on the above and photos etc on my link below, they are all under Things to Do and Sentosa Island.

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/singapore.htm

Cathy

SG
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 3
7. Re: War museum

Not sure whether this suits you, below are 2 sites I found that provide some form of tours to Changi area plus something addition... its more like 1/2 day tour.. Do check then out.

www.toureast.net/singapore/sight_sin2.html

www.rmgtours.com/index.php…

8. Re: War museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:07 am, June 23, 2009
Asia
reviews: 41
9. Re: War museum

Dear Linda Lau,

Which part of "No advertising or solicitation of any kind" on the right hand side of a reply to a post did you not understand?

But I have to say thank you for letting us know how unprincipled you are so that we do not visit your shop at High Street Centre #02-05.

10. Re: War museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 20, 2009