We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentists

reviews: 18
Dentists

I am visiting Singapore again in June this year and wondered if Dentists were reasonably priced in Singapore. My husband had to visit a Dentist in Bangkok recently and needed treatment, it was a quarter of what we would pay in England. Can you visit any dentist or do you need to be registered. Any information would be helpful.

Asia
reviews: 41
1. Re: Dentists

Hi. You can visit any dentist over here. But what would pay in England? It mightl be cheaper though here because the exchange rate's like one pound to S$3.20!!

I know that making spectacles here are about a fraction of what they cost in France!

2. Re: Dentists

Thank you for your reply. We would pay about ��140.00 for a filling and ��420.00 for a crown. You can pay less if you have a NHS dentist which are difficult to get these days.

We had our eyes tested and bought glasses last time in Singapore and they were very cheap in comparion to England.

I also wonder if you know the exchange rate for English Pounds once we get to Singapore, we thought maybe bring cash and we would get a better rate than at home.

Thanks again

Asia
reviews: 41
3. Re: Dentists

Hi. It's currently around one pound to S$3.20. You'll be rich!

The prices in Singapore can range from S$35 - S$200 (depending on where you go). My husband just had your teeth checked, X-rayed, cleaned(scaling, etc) and he paid S$170 +, but he goes to one the most expensive dentists in Singapore. It's right in the heart of the city, and it's the kind of clinic where you even get headphones to watch videos/TV as they're doing your teeh(so you not only get the visuals (which is v common here), but you also get the audio!

4. Re: Dentists

thank you for your reply. We will look into the dentistry when we arrive. Thanks for your advice.

London, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Dentists

Can recommend Marcus Cooney and associates, www.smilefocus.com.sg

I'm afraid I can't remember who I saw now, boyfriend's dentist, whilst he was living out there for 18 months but a check up and wash scale&clean was about ��35.

6. Re: Dentists

Thank you for your reply we are staying for 2 weeks so will make enquiries when we arrive.