We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

Which Sentosa Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 15
Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

Hello,

I am interested to get feedback from people who have attended these attractions with children aged 5 and younger. My son will be 5.5 when we are in Singapore and I am thinking of attending both of these attractions but am not sure how worthwhile they will be for children aged 5 and below. (We also have an 18 month old). I thought from the Luge website that it was for children aged 6 and above, but have read posts from people with children who were younger than that who were planning on visiting, so interested to know how they went and whether the children could do the ride.

I have looked at the height restrictions at USS and there seemed to be quite a few rides that my son could go on, either on his own or with an adult but there seemed to be virtually nothing for the 18 month old. Is that right? Interested to hear whether there is much to do at USS for the person who is minding the younger child, while the older one is going on rides. It is quite an expensive attraction so considering whether it is worthwhile for our family for this holiday. I could always give it a miss I suppose and just send my husband and son for the day. Legoland is the other option for us instead of USS, but it does involve a very long day trip which is also not ideal for the baby.

A lot of the rides say hand-held infants are not permitted. Does anyone know whether an 18 month old is considered a hand-held infant?

Interested to hear feedback from other people who have visited either of these attractions. I personally have no interest in going on any rides unless they are very tame! We took our son to Dreamworld and Seaworld in Australia last year and he loved the rides (not much interest in the animal shows at Seaworld), not sure if anyone can compare USS to Dreamworld or Seaworld.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Edited: 11:25 pm, June 19, 2013
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
1. Re: Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

1/ Children under 6 years or shorter than the required 110cm to ride alone, may ride the Luge in tandem with a full paying adult ONLY.

2/ <<but there seemed to be virtually nothing for the 18 month old.>>

YES, did you expect a battlestar galactica suitable for the babies? Even merry go round carousels have Height Restrictions: Guests under 80cm may not ride ( Madagascar crate adventure) or Children under 122cm must be accompanied by a supervising adult (King Julien's Beach Party).

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
2. Re: Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

Entry is free for under 4s I think. If your youngest can it a seat by himself and walk, them he is not considered a hand held infant. There are seperate singe rider queues which which are never more than a few minutes long you want to take turns looking after the the 18 month old on rides he can't do.

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

I brought my 13 month old kid to USS. He only could ride the carousel... However, he enjoyed the shows, interacting with characters from sesame street and the fireworks (sat night). Alternatively, you could try adventure cove waterpark, which is quite near USS. it has life jackets for infants and a splash area for kids too. My kid enjoyed it there too.

hope this helps.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 18
4. Re: Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

USS will be rather restricted for an 18month old. Since you have to buy the USS entry as a block ticket (rather than per ride) then unless you are prepared to alternate looking after 18month old and riding with the 5 year old with another adult then as a group you may lose out significantly here.

Depending upon how long you are in Singapore and how much you intended to spend in terms of time on Sentosa - you might well find it better to ditch the day at USS and use it to just visit Sentosa and go round the attractions that you can all do together on a pay per attraction basis. Within that time you'll be able to visit one or two where someone has to look after the youngest child while someone else goes with the older one. Actually if the youngest is at least 85cm tall the Luge can be done as a family thing if there's four or more of you....one can ride with luge the oldest, the other ride down the skyride with the youngest and them all come back up on the skyride....

Melbourne
reviews: 15
5. Re: Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

Thanks for your feedback. I think we will skip USS on this trip. We can spend more time on other things at Sentosa as there seems to be plenty to do there.

I will research the Luge more. I'm not sure whether the youngest will be 85cm. The eldest is 110cm but aged 5 so could ride with an adult. I think he'd love it.

I just hope the haze is cleared by September!

Edited: 6:33 pm, June 21, 2013
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
6. Re: Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

<<I just hope the haze is cleared by September!>>

No doubt, it`s almost 100% guaranteed.

7. Re: Luge and USS for a 5 year old and younger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2014