We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capella hotel to the city

Which Sentosa Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seoul, South Korea
Capella hotel to the city

I am planning on travelling to singapore for the first time in a week.At first, I was thinking about staying at marina bay sands but i've heard that the service isn't as great as it should be along with too many people depite the famous pool.So next choice was mandarin oriental. I know the service is great there..then rafflells..which is another beautiful place..then i've found the capella resort in sentosa island...i'll be arriving around 8pm on next sat and go back home on wed early morning(right after tues midnight)..should i stay in the city one night and go to capella resort for 2 nights or should i just stay in capella resort? Since it is away from the city, i would like to know the distance ..i will more than likely take a taxi or service. please help me~ and things to do?!

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
1. Re: Capella hotel to the city

Capella will be around 10-12 min to the Marina Bay area by Taxi. Taxi is the only sensible choice for the Capella hotel as its tucked away. Not worth stay in two locations for a short trip.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 57
2. Re: Capella hotel to the city

My suggestion is to stay in Capella for 1 or 2 nights for the resort feel and on the days you are exploring Sentosa. On the other days stay in the city centre ie Raffles Hotel, Mandarin, MBS.

Singapore
reviews: 105
3. Re: Capella hotel to the city

I agree with Mankster that for such a short trip to change hotels is really a hassle. The Capella is an amazing property, great pool and the Chinese restaurant has some of the best dim sum I have had. But it is a property to maximize your time in. If you just want a bed to crash at night while you are out all day sightseeing you will be wasting your money, and you will find Capella inconvenient for traveling around town. MBS is, IMHO, not bad. Complaints about the service are I think overblown. I stayed there earlier this year and found service to be acceptable (not wow but everything was smooth except the coffee joint in the morning can be slow and the manager was a bit rude). If this is your first trip to SG and you plan to mainly do sightseeing, even if that includes Sentosa, I would stay in a city hotel like Mandarin Oriental, you'll be better positioned for traveling around, eating and other nightlife choices.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 77
4. Re: Capella hotel to the city

With 3 nights only, it`s TOO much hassle with relocation and IMO total waste of time. Just stay in the city center during your whole trip ...........

Seoul, South Korea
5. Re: Capella hotel to the city

Thanks!!!

Do u recommend staying in sentosa island? Only reason i am staying on the island is capella!!!!!

Singapore
reviews: 105
6. Re: Capella hotel to the city

I presume you are asking others for their view as I've given you mine in post 3 above.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
7. Re: Capella hotel to the city

For a first trip I would stay in town. However if you like the look of Capella, and want to stay in an upmarket resort and don't mind taking a taxi into town and back ( 10-12 min) then go for it. Taxi fare I guess will be minimimal compared the cost of accommodation at the Capella, so cost Is not an issue, just if you can spare a and extra 20min a day travel time.

Edited: 5:47 am, June 08, 2013
Jakarta
Destination Expert
8. Re: Capella hotel to the city

I would definitely book a city center hotel if i were you, Kranimal. Not any of Sentosa hotels.............

Seoul, South Korea
9. Re: Capella hotel to the city

Thanks everybody for your informations!!!

I guess everyone recommends staying in the city....hmmm...I guess i've been around different cities of asia,I am kinda look into resort feel and that is why despite the slight unconvenient location, i am thinking about the capella.

Then my question is, if i would stay in the city, raffells or mandarin oriental please?

Mahalo!!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
10. Re: Capella hotel to the city

<<, raffells or mandarin oriental please?>>

Neither... i would suggest Forest by Wangz or Fullerton Bay hotel.