We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W hotel or Hard rock?

Which Sentosa Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 3
W hotel or Hard rock?

I would first like to thank everyone for all the information on Tripadvisor, it is a great help when I am planning my holiday.

I want to stay on Sentosa for 3nights, I would prefer to stay at W Hotel but I am a bit concerned about its location and getting transportation, I want to go to USS and other sentosa attractions. Would I be better staying at Hard rock hotel?

Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 77
1. Re: W hotel or Hard rock?

<<want to go to USS and other sentosa attractions. >>

To tell the truth you do not NEED to stay ion Sentosa to visit the island sights. Sentosa is perfectly connected with the rest of the city and lots of people ( including me) prefer ALWAYS to stay ion the city center that gives you:

transport proximity

easy access to / from airport

wider cheaper accommodation choice

shopping and nightlife ( if interested)

better food/ drink options

access to wide selection of city center sights

etc

etc

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
2. Re: W hotel or Hard rock?

Hard Rock is much easier to get around as you have gathered. Also Resort world have a promotion now that gives free tickets to USS, the Aquarium and Adventure cove for 2 or more night stay. It's walking distance to the monorail for free connection to ViVo city mall and the MRT network. So thats about $225 saving on tickets. Staying at the W hotel means you have to take the Shuttle bus ( every 30min??) to the Sentosa cove welcome centre. I will be staying for 3 nights again at the Hard Rock in December and 4 nights at the Fairmont.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
3. Re: W hotel or Hard rock?

Would also recommend the Hard Rock Hotel for the location and facilities.

4. Re: W hotel or Hard rock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 11, 2014