We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

Which Sentosa Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

I have recently booked and paid online for the Festive Hotel on Sentosa for 5 nights in September for a family of 2 Adults and 2 children. The booking online said it was for 2 Adults and 2 children but now they are saying that we have to pay an extra S$70 per night for the extra sofa bed for one of our children . It was a fantastic rate we paid and obviously I am starting to think too good to be true.

After many conversations with the online booking company who have had contact with the hotel and are now unable to do any more, I have started emailing the hotel to try to find out why I am being charged when clearly the booking page did not mention the extra fee. I am not having much luck. Has anyone had this happen?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 47
1. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

you did not mention the online company you used ????????? ..if THEY advertised the rate included two adults and two children...then they should honor ..if they made a boo boo ..its not the hotel's fault

Personally I have always found dealing with the hotel direct is best...so called "deals "are not always what they seem to be

australia
reviews: 30
2. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

Hi,

We have booked a family room at the festive hotel through booking.com. We have asked for an extra bed but they have advised us there will be an extra charge. We arrive there in a couple of weeks, so I hope there will be no hassles.

I hope you get it sorted.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
3. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

There is no extra charge to share existing bedding. A twin room will sleep 2A 2C and the family rooms at the Festive have a bunk bed and a double sofa bed as well as the main bedding. If your rate includes breakfast there is usually an extra charge for more than 2 people.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
4. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

Wendy B,

What room type is mentioned in your original booking?

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

Hi evomal, i would be interested to see how you went with your stay at the Festive Hotel. Did you have to pay the extra charge on arrival for your family room?

Hope you enjoyed time In Singapore

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
6. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

I have stayed in the family room, there is not extra charge if you use the existing bedding - a king bed a double sofa bed and a bunch bed. It sleeps 5 ( as so the regular twin rooms in the Hard Rock hotel where I have also stayed),

If you request n addition bed ( not sure where you would put it in the Family room) there may well be a extra charge).

australia
7. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

Yes we booked a family room and we requested an extra bed, willing to pay the extra cost for it. When we got there, there was no extra bed and like Mankster said, you wouldn't fit it anyway. When I called reception, they said the extra was for the sofa bed. I got on to booking.com (who I booked through) and they sorted it out no problem. No extra charge in the end.

But I did pay $600 for 4days of washing...ouch..and they tried to tell us that my husband wore 15 pairs of undies in 4 days. The cost for undies is $5 per undie. We only took 8 pairs in total of undies for hubby. It took a few 'discussions', but the charge for the undies was taken off.

Just check your room bill thouroughly, and I guess that would be anywhere you go.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
8. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

<<But I did pay $600 for 4days of washing...ouch.>.

If you just buy a new pair of underpants every day, it will probably be cheaper...LOL

australia
9. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

Lol Schonefeld, very true. I probably could have purchased the whole 4days worth of clothes for that.

. We loved Singapore to bits, but damn it's expensive.

Singapore
reviews: 105
10. Re: Booking Festive Hotel but beware extra charges apply

Evomal, I'll be the first to agree with you SG is expensive, but the hotel laundry scam is not unique to Singapore. I don't ever use the hotel for laundry unless on a business trip and the company is picking up the tab, or its one of those all-inclusive places where laundry is included in the price.