We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 Nights and what to do

Which Sentosa Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
herts
13 Nights and what to do

Hi All,

My Family and i have booked a trip for 13 nights stayin on Sentosa island ,by looking at the sites available on line there is so much to do and see in Singapore we wanted to stay and not just have singapore as a stop over.

Have we done the correct thing?, my 8 year old is so looking forward to seeing so meny of the attractions.

It would be lovely to hear from anyone who has had a two week holiday.

Nice places to eat , and a good place to have a good breakfast

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 18
1. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

You have the potential to fill two weeks in terms of what is there, only limited by you not wanting to do particular things rather than available options.

You certainly are not mad to book 2 weeks, especially if you are not likely to return (or even actually if it was me booking despite the fact I was going to return). I have done that long before, my most recent of many stays was 10 days and I still didnt see everything I want to despite having seen many of the attractions before. There will also be less pressure to dash round everything fast, so you can afford to see everything in detail.

How firm is the booking as I wouldnt stay on Sentosa itself for that long myself - Sentosa is very easy to get to but it is only going to fill a couple of days and being on the island means every day or to go anywhere else you have to come off the island. Its not a vast issue, especially if you use the MRT, but I much prefer to be in the middle of the city and take a trip to Sentosa rather than vice versa. Breakfast is likely to best be, or rather easiest, your hotel - places on Sentosa didn't seem to open until between 9am and in some cases 10am.

Evening food is a different matter, lots to eat in Singapore - what kind of food

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 47
2. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

Hi, if your Hotel do provide buffet breakfast in the rate then its alot easier. Otherwise just head to Koufu food court at Palawan Beach, it opens at 9am. ;)

13nights in Singapore is abit too much I might say, unless you really plan to visit EACH and every things that we have. Do note that not ALL attraction will interest you, eg sciene centre, discovery centre,bukit timah nature reserve etc. It might be better if you take 1-2 days to visit our local residential area(HDB estate), it will show you the condition and the daily life of all the locals. Note that some HDB estate area still maintain the ''old feeling'' like old shopping centre, old wet market etc. Not all places are classy and beautiful like all tourist saw in Orchard, Marina etc ;)

Edited: 4:16 am, September 25, 2010
australia
reviews: 14
3. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

When we first visited Singapore about 6 years ago, everyone said we were mad spending 5 days there. Since then we have spent another 5 holidays in Singapore all of longer durations than 8 or 9 days. Next year (April) we will spend 18 days there. There is just so much to see and do, it is not just a stopover destination and we still have not even been to the Zoo. We just seem to run out of time!! I also agree I would not spend the time on Sentosa. We love Swissotel The Stamford, for the location, it is just so convenient to everything, but there are so many hotels that also provide location and convenience. Enjoy your time in Singapore, I just wish I was going back sooner. I forgot to add.....the food....how can I forget that is is just so great and inexpensive!!!!!!!!!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
4. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

In 13 nights you would pretty much see and do what the brochures say and the Singapore Tourism Board recommends.

yoursingapore.com/content/…see-and-do.html

herts
5. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some advice ,glad to here we have done the right thing by booking two weeks, England to Singapore not just around the corner so we wanted to get as much out of the trip as poss.

We chose to stay on Sentosa Island because it gave us the best of both wolds in terms of the beach and attractions our hotel Shangri La Rasa has the beach, that way when the feet give us the white flag we can take some time out and just on the beach and relax for the day.

Thanks once again

Edited: 4:56 pm, September 26, 2010
herts
6. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to give us some advice its was appreciated.

We cant Wait :)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
7. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

You're welcome. Have fun in Singapore!

reviews: 4
8. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

Hi there,,

We too have booked this hotel for two weeks next April... when do you do? If before be great to hear how you went on and what you did while there. The hotel is closed at the moment so be nicely refurbished.

herts
9. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

Hi,

We are also going in April, I hope you have a good time also.

Edited: 4:44 pm, September 28, 2010
10. Re: 13 Nights and what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 28, 2011