We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 2
singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

hello

just flying into Singapore in a few days time but not sure what Econmy seats to pick. am travelling alone and at the moment i have a seat in the middle aisle on 78F on upper deck already booked (this row is fully booked now so i have people on either side of me :- ( )

the other options on upper deck are

77F OR 77E with seats on the aisle full - hoping the two middle seats remain empty which means i can stretch out a bit and not have person either side of me

same as above for 79 F + 79E

83F but by toilet (smell / people standing by) and stairs to main deck but means i am in aisle as its a two seater

on Lower deck

there are some window seats available which is seats i normally go for but been told i should go for upper deck as better experience plus on way back from Singapore the flight does not give me option to book upper deck

what do you think i should - keep my seat or book another

cheers

BC

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 42
1. Re: singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

hi,

the seats near the toilets are bothersome either on the upper deck. 77F/E and 79F/E are ok if you don't mind being stuck between 2 passengers...

The upper deck is better than the main deck because the economy class section is smaller and quieter than the ones on the main deck.

seatguru.com/airlines/Singapore_Air/Singapor…

If you booked through SIA website then you may check their website regularly if better seats are available and change your seat.

If you booked through a travel agency then you may online check-in and select your seat 48h before your flight.

I do it this way because I saw many "occupied" seats tending to become available from time to time. And most of the time I can get the window seats on the upper deck.

Edited: 2:42 am, December 21, 2011
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 80
2. Re: singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

<<hoping the two middle seats remain empty which means i can stretch out a bit and not have person either side of me>>

I would not lay high expectation that the seats remain free when you actually enter the deck. Even in the 21st century NOT everyone uses on-line check -in.

In my personal experience upper deck and main deck are the same - just pick the seat that appeals to you the most -whether you are an isle person or a window one.

And avoid those close to the toilet.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
3. Re: singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

I'd go with the upper deck too, is a much smaller cabin and the there is hardly ever a long wait for the loos. If you fly economy, this may be the last chance to fly on the upper deck as the new configuration is all bussiness upper deck. Avoid the rows bu the loos.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 168
4. Re: singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

hi there,

if you want to get a seat with more leg room, contact singapore airlines and for an extra USD50 per sector you can secure a "preferred seat" if one is available. preferred seats are emergency exit or bulkhead seats with significant leg room.

hope that helps.

Dartmouth, United...
reviews: 52
5. Re: singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

I phoned up sinagpore airlines to book preferred seats and was told to book them on line.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
6. Re: singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

Yes you can only do it online. If you got you tickets from the SQ website you can buy them anytime up to checkin. If you bought it from a travel agent, you can only buy them from 48hr before the flight.

7. Re: singapore airlines airbus A380 - which seat? help please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 26, 2012