Before I give you my list, if it wasn't for the Terraces at Ayala Mall, I would not bother going there. SM Mall is bigger. It is the 18th biggest mall in the world. Ayala has more dining choices but SM Mall has more and better facilities otherwise. Such as a permanent art gallery, supermarket style duty free, 10 pin bowling alley, Trades Hall which always has something on display. I like to go in when they have building product displays. They have a huge children's entertainment area with mini train rides, carousel, bump cars (dodgem cars) and a train ride that runs the length of the bottom level of the mall. And the biggest draw for me at SM Mall is the Imax Theatre
For things to do in or from Cebu City, you could
- Watch a movie on the huge screen at the Imax Theatre in SM Mall
- Go to kart zone and ride on the Go Karts
- Go to the Sky Experience Adventure
- Go to the Amusement park in the reclamation area
- Visit Crocolandia
- Go for a picnic at a water park such as Tubod Flowing Waters, Villa Terisita or Aqua Cainta
- Go swimming with whale sharks at Oslob
- Go for a day tour to Kawasan Falls
- If you will not already be spending time on Bohol, you can see the main sights in a day tour from Cebu City. You can go for a day tour to Bohol and go swimming underground in the Hinagdanan cave, visit the Chocolate Hills and do a lunch cruise on the Loboc River
- Pay to use the facilities of a beach resort, for the day, on Mactan island
- Tour the Metro Cebu historical sites dating back to 1521
- Visit a guitar factory on Mactan island and see guitars being made.
- Go diving from Mactan island
- Take a day tour to Moalboal to go diving
- Island hop the small islands near Mactan island
- Take the Bojo river Eco cruise.
- Go to a cock fight
- Gamble in one of the 3 casinos in Metro Cebu
- Go ten pin bowling with expats on Wednesdays
- Go running/walking with the Cebu hash House Harriers on Saturdays
- Go drinking at one of the numerous expat bars in Cebu City
- Dance the night away at one of the numerous discos and night clubs.
- Go shopping in one of the numerous malls or spend some time hunting for bargains in the Downtown markets.