We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rough waters

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 3
Rough waters

Hello Tripadvisor,

I am flying in to an amazing holiday in the Philippines in mid-late july (Bohol: 16th - 22nd of July, Cebu: 22nd - 27th of Juli) and I am a little worried about the weather. I know it is in the middle of the rainier season which is fine for me. But how does this affect the Water currents?

I would like to go snorkeling, preferably places where the water is very calm, as I am not a strong swimmer. I have however been informed that Bohol and Cebu are prone to dangerous jellyfish during specific seasons, however it is hard to obtain reliable information on the subject.

Are there any good snorkeling areas around Bohol and Cebu where you are relatively safe from strong currents and jellyfish?

My highest wish is to see a sea turtle (of some sort) - is that even remotely likely to happen anywhere around this place?

Thanks in advance

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 229
1. Re: Rough waters

May I ask when you say Cebu, do you mean Cebu city?

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 3
2. Re: Rough waters

When I say Cebu, I mean the Island of Cebu. I am very flexible on specific location. Current hotel booking says cebu city, but it is possible to cancel if something else is better.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 229
3. Re: Rough waters

I would suggest Cebu-Bohol-Siquijor-Dumaguete-Cebu.

In Bohol, snorkel at Balicasag and in Dumaguete, snorkel in Dauin and/or Apo Island.

Leyte Island...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Rough waters

I don't go diving so can't answer your questions except to say that some one was posting the other day about seeing turtles when diving Moalboal which is on the island of Cebu.

5. Re: Rough waters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 05, 2014