We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu City Sightseeeing

singapore
reviews: 16
Cebu City Sightseeeing

Hi

We will be staying at Crown Regency (Fuente Osmeña). We plan to do the following using taxi. Please advise if it is doable.

1. Taxi from Crown Regency to Taoist Temple (Please advise on taxi cost).

2. Taxi from Taoist Temple to Casa Gorordo Museum (Please advise on taxi cost)

3. Walk from Casa Gorordo to the following places:

a. Yap-Sandiego Ancestral House

b. Cebu Heritage Monument

c. Colon Street

d. Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral

e. Basilica Minore del Santo Nino de Cebu

f. Magellan's Cross

g. Plaza Independencia

h. Fort San Pedro

If walking is not doable, will there be jeepneys plying these sights.

Any information or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Sandy

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
reviews: 28
11. Re: Cebu City Sightseeeing

This is my suggestion for the Downtown walking tour. Walk out of Crown Regency and straight down Osmena Boulevarde until you get to Plaza Independencia. Do not turn off any where at all until you get to Plaza Independencia. It will be all down hill and you will pass Sto Nino Basilica on the way. At Plaza Independencia, turn left then turn right at Legaspi Extension then walk down to pier one and start your tour there.

An alternate for you, if you want to take in some expat bars, is walk down Osmena Boulevarde until you get to P. Del Rosario. Turn left then turn right into Pelaez Street. You will be at the University of San Carlos at this point. Walk straight down Pelaez, cross over Colon and continue along Legaspi until you get to Plaza Independencia. Do not turn off anywhere after the University of San Carlos until you hit Plaza Independencia. Along the way, you will pass the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral. However, between University of San Carlos and Colon, you will also pass some expat bars. Not bikini bars, although there will be some of them nearby. I mean bars for drinking and dining. They are, the historic Our Place, Magic Tony's, Sesame and the MSJW Depot convenience store where expats also hang out. MSJW Depot Convenience store put stools and tables on the foot path for their customers.

singapore
12. Re: Cebu City Sightseeeing

Thanks Big Jim Cebu. You have given me very clear directions.

Regards

Sandy

singapore
13. Re: Cebu City Sightseeeing

Hi All

Thank you for all your suggestions. It has been very helpful.

I will do the walking tour starting from Crown Regency to Pier 1 via Plaza Independecia and then proceed with my walking tour of the downtown from Pier 1 as per Big Jim Cebu Itinerary.

I have booked Danny Noy for a 1 day tour to Oslob for whale watching and Tumalog Falls, Mactan Island together with Lapu Lapu Shrine and visit to guitar factories, Taoist Temple and Tops.

Once again thank you for your helpful advice.

Regards

Sandy

14. Re: Cebu City Sightseeeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 11, 2014