We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in Cebu ?

Hanoi
reviews: 14
Taxi in Cebu ?

Could anyone advise me a good taxi meter in Cebu? I need one from the airport and visiting around the city ? Thanks for your support in advance !

manila
reviews: 98
1. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

Hi Julie.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a taxi queue right outside the arrival hall of Cebu airport.

I found that taxi drivers in Cebu to be immensely more honest than the ones in Manila. Never had issues with meter use and they were available even at the wee hours of the morning. It is also very easy to hail one from public places in the city so you should have no issues getting around.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 229
2. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

Hi viajeroManila,

Can you please pm me the two taxi drivers' contacts?

Thanks.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
3. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

Hi!

As Viajero advised there is a taxi queue at the airport.

And yes, Cebu taxi drivers do use the taxi meters and do not give you as much of a problem than Manila taxi drivers. I lived in Cebu for a bit and only encountered a handful of taxis who asked for more than what the meter says. Tell them that you will report them to the LTO and they straighten up their act after that.

manila
reviews: 98
4. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

@MH, did not use any particular driver. Just hailed one outside the hotel, shopping malls, hospitals, and airport with no issues whatsoever. Totally enjoyed my stay there and the honesty of the drivers contributed to the experience.

Hanoi
5. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

Hi,

Thanks for your info, it is great to know that the drivers are honest so there will be no trouble for me to catch a taxi when i am in Cebu. BTW, anyone knows a good travel agency for city tour or beach tour in Cebu? I am staying for 3 days/ 2nights there.

Thanks alot

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
6. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

I agreed that Cebu taxi drivers are usually more honest than their Manila counterparts.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
7. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

You do not really need a guide if you are to tour the city only. You can walk or take a taxi easily for most of the sights.

Hanoi
8. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

Are there any village in Cebu that the kids are not able to go to school, i mean few of them coz i want to come and give them something to support

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
9. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

Yes, there are plenty based on what I read and watch on TV.

I do not know where exactly they are but if you go, it is really better to have a local to go with you.

philippines
reviews: 320
10. Re: Taxi in Cebu ?

Post #8, I did not understand. Can you explain again?

Regarding the taxis, they are generally honest, except for some bad ones. But they are easy to catch. Those taxis that queue in the taxi lines: airport, malls, hospitals, commercial establishments, those are generally good. Don't take taxis that try to bypass these lines. You can see them: those that either stand by on the adjoining street of these taxi lines, or a little ways off such taxi lines and park by their lonesome looking for passengers, or those taxis that stop in the highway preying on passengers that just disembarked from the boats (pier area), these are best avoided. Taxis that are vacant and are travelling/moving are also an alternate choice. But not those that stopped in a place that is not a stopping area and are looking for passengers