We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay Trip Report

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Makati
Boracay Trip Report

Hello All!

Just came back from boracay and i thought of sharing some information.

Transportation Manila-Boracay: I took the ferry, MBRS Virgin Mary, from Manila to Caticlan. We left Manila as scheduled (Fri 5:00PM) but arrived Caticlan (Sat. 11:00 AM), delayed by 4 hours. I learned that the it was the first voyage of the ship after its "drydock" and was not running at full power, sort of a "engine break-in". In general, the ferry is ok. It has several restaurants and other recreational areas. I got my ticket a week before the voyage and the accommodation i wanted was already fully book. I managed to get the accomodation upgrade after the ferry sailed. Cabin accomodation is P1500. I took the boat and got off to Station 2.

Transporation Boracay-Manila: I learned that authorities implemented a "single-entry-single-exit" scheme. So those going back to Caticlan has to get their ride at the Cagban jetty port which is a P100 ride away from the main road. After arriving at Caticlan, i boarded a van for Kalibo airport and the fare is P150. I took Philippine Airline flight from Kalibo to Manila. I got my PAL flight at a promo price of P2400.00+

Accomodation: I stayed at El Centro. I happened to pass by it while searching for the hotels that was in my list. Since its within my budget and located along white beach i decided to stop searching stay there. The room i got was clean and spacious and has a large balcony with hammock. The bathroom is clean and has hot and cold shower. They also provide bath towels as well as beach towels. The furnishing is very basic, it has a double bed with a pull out mattress, cable TV, mini ref and aircon. They also have an electric fan in the room which i turned on at night to keep away a few pesky mosquitoes. Off-peak rate is P2000 but managed to get it at P1800.

Food: Chicken Barbeque at Island Inasal, Burgers at Bite Club, Baby Back Ribs at Gasthoff, Shakes and Pizza at Jonahs, Pasta and Pizza at Aria, Crepes at St. Michel, Lechon Manok (Roasted Chicken) and Liempo (Roasted Pork) at Andoks, I bought some seafoods and have it cooked in the restaurant in d'talipapa.

Activities: swimming, beach combing, banana ride, massage, island hopping, bar hopping, drinking and enjoying the band playing at pier 1. But i guess the best activity so far was just lying in one of those bamboo lounging chair under the shade of the coconut tress while admiring the view of the beach. I spent a day in a half just doing this. El Centro has this chairs which you can use from morning till early evening.

I stayed in boracay for 4 nights and 5 days.

Paranaque...
reviews: 51
1. Re: Boracay Trip Report

Hi there. Maybe you can post your review of El Centro in the Traveler Reviews page. I noticed that El Centro is not even listed amongst the Boracay resorts on Trip Advisor -- your review can be the first.

sydney, australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Boracay Trip Report

i agree with vanilla bean, room pictures would be nice too

thanks for the review Padfoot-n-Prong

Boracay, Philippines
3. Re: Boracay Trip Report

yes, we need more reviews like that from genuine travellers. Cheerio!

boracay
reviews: 12
4. Re: Boracay Trip Report

Thanks for the useful feedback. If you post under 'traveller reviews' it will be easily accessible for anyone searching info on Boracay hotels in general and El Centro in particular.

5. Re: Boracay Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 21, 2009