We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electricity and ATMs

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aarhus
reviews: 1
Electricity and ATMs

Hi everyone

Just want to ask if electricity and ATMs are fully functioning after the Typhoon?

Does any know?

Thanks

/Silas

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 267
1. Re: Electricity and ATMs

When I was there in November, power supply in Station 3 is quite stable but brown out still happen.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 773
2. Re: Electricity and ATMs

We had 24 hr power in station 1 just a few weeks ago. Not sure if that was because of a generator or not.

Tommo

Oslo
reviews: 122
3. Re: Electricity and ATMs

power is still on and off with generators as back up, be prepared or periods of brown out, even with a generators. ATMS are on, but are impacted by the brownouts. Plan ahead for money issues.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
4. Re: Electricity and ATMs

Typhoon or without typhoon, power interruptions are common in the island. For your convenience just make sure that your hotel has a generator. As much as possible use an ATM during banking hours so if there would be a problem, like power interruptions, you would be assisted promptly by a bank employee.

Aarhus
reviews: 1
5. Re: Electricity and ATMs

Thank you all for your replies!

It sounds like the island is more or less back to boracay standard, which didn't bother me last time :)

Will be staying in station 3, but I don't expect a generator as it is a 1200php/ night guesthouse :)

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 22
6. Re: Electricity and ATMs

Pardon me, but this is my 2nd day here and I've yet to experience the effects of any brown outs.. :)

7. Re: Electricity and ATMs

Hi guys I just read this thread. Would I be having any trouble withdrawing funds using my BPI ATM weekends? I mean how likely would ATMs there run out of funds? Specialy on the weekends?

Edited: 7:01 am, December 16, 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
8. Re: Electricity and ATMs

There are several BPI ATMs and of course you could also withdraw at other ATM displaying the Expressnet logo which is about every other ATM in the island.

Edited: 7:35 am, December 16, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 19
9. Re: Electricity and ATMs

ATMs running out of cash at weekends?

I was just in the Philippines, one week ago, and managed to get funds from BPI and China Bank ATMs without any problems whatsoever.

Last Monday I had the afternoon at the Mall of Asia prior to my evening flight and the only problems I imagine you would face, as is the case in many other cities at this time of year, will be from busy shoppers gearing up for Christmas.

Oslo
reviews: 122
10. Re: Electricity and ATMs

Its NOT uncommon for ATMs to run out of Cash on Boracay. I have seen it many times, especialy when there are high demands, long weekends or holidays or storms, not to mention power outages

BJ159, your experience is great, but is NOT reflective of all of Boracay. There are outages still.