Every new destination is always worth the travel. Just remember that every place is different. Bon voyage! :)
Having seen the places you have been to....in my opinion boracay would not be worth the travel for you guys
Boracay and other Filipino beaches are increasingly receiving worldwide recognition.
It's not just the quality of the sand, but it's the friendly Filipino people and culture - so hospitable - that adds to the experience.
Philippine Airlines flies daily: www.philipineairlines.com
You have to make up your own mind, but read up on 'White Beach Boracay' on TA and you will discover that a wide range of worldwide residents come to Philippines and enjoy this (and other) Filipino beaches immensely.Edited: 6:56 pm, September 28, 2013
Apologies: the link above should be http://www.philippineairlines.com
Victorianlad nailed it, so true about " friendly Filipino people and culture - so hospitable - that adds to the experience"
People in general, the ones i've been fortunate to come across were real kind.
So yeah, worth the long flights...............
Google search boracay deteriorating, over rated, etc..
Go someplace else like Bohol or Palawan.
Do you feel this destination alone is worth it? Thanks so much?
Even though Boracay is consistently listed in the top 10 islands in the world...my opinion is no.
However, there are plenty of other pl;aces in the Philippines that may interest you.
Here is my lits of things to come to the Philippines for
- Island hopping
- whale and dolphin watching
- historical sites
- white sandy beaches
- hot springs
- cold springs
- adventure tours
- tarsier sanctuaries
- butterfly sanctuaries
- crocodile sanctuaries
- wildlife sanctuaries
- marine sanctuaries
It also has
- locals living as their ancestors have done for hundreds of years in places such as Malapascua Island
- Faith healers on Siquijor
- Chocolate hills, lunch cruises on the Loboc River and swimming underground in the Hinagdanan cave on Bohol
- An underground river on Palawan
- Hanging coffins in Sagada
- Ancient rice terraces in Banaue
- White water rafting near Cagayan de Oro
- Swimming with whale sharks near Donsol on Luzon, Oslob in Cebu and Padre Burgos on Southern Leyte.
- Surfing from Siargo Island
- Tours of historical war sites such a Corregidor Island
On top of that, there are
- multiple sports activities such as swimming, cycling, golf, tennis, badminton, basketball,para gliding and wind surfing
- Other activities such as zip lining, mountain climbing, trekking, camping and touring by motorbike
- expat bars
- karaoke bars
- some of the largest shopping malls in the world with entertainment such as Imax theatres, ice skating, pool/billiards and ten pin bowling. The Philippines presently has the 3rd, 10th, 11th, 17th, 20th and 29th biggest malls in the world.