We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourismo Filipino

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Tourismo Filipino

I have been liaising with Tourismo Filipino for weeks regarding a 3 week holiday for my upcoming honeymoon. I have been requesting information on how we would proceed with payment for ages. We finally worked out a great itinerary and then I was requested to deposit almost $9,000AUD cash into a bank account to book in the holiday / tour.

Has anyone else been required to do this for a trip with this company? Did it all work out OK?? Does anyone know a way I can check the legitimacy of this company???

This is a lot of money for me to just deposit into an overseas bank account when I have never even actually met anyone face to face.

Any feedback you can provide regarding this company would be much appreciated. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 594
1. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Strongly recommend you do your own research and bookings and cut out the middleman.

No need for a third party to organise your booking. Use Google and Tripadvisor.

I would never put A$9000 into someone elses bank account. You are leaving yourself open to be scammed. Wow A$9000...thats a lot of money for a 3 week holiday.

Tommo

Sydney
2. Re: Tourismo Filipino

I've always booked everything myself when we travel. But with all the organising I'm doing with the wedding I just wanted to take some pressure off myself. I don't have a lot of time to be researching and planning the honeymoon too.

Yeah - $9,000 is a lot but one of the hotels is $450 p/n (I did double check the prices quoted for myself on that one!)

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 94
3. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Travel agents are used by people who do not use the Internet.

Why use the Internet to look for a travel agent?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
4. Re: Tourismo Filipino

I will not deposit AUD$9000 into anyone's account that I do not know.

It is a huge some of money unless you are dealing with more established international chain like Insight Vacation, Contiki, Marriott, Shangri-la etc.

Of course it will be different if I earn AUD$9000 per hour..... :p

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
5. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Yes they are a legitimate company, as in they ar licensed to do travel-related business.

What is the account name where you need to deposit? If it is under a company then it is 100% legitimate as banks require many documents for you to open an account to a corporate entity.

Boracay, Philippines
reviews: 41
6. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Congratulations on your impending nuptials

Many hotels here are more than happy to assist honeymooners and wedding parties - is there anyway you can go direct to the hotel with the itinerary that you've prepared and ask them to put everything in to place.

I'm assuming that if it's 450 a night it's one of the high-end resorts, which is totally geared up for honeymooners. It's worth a try if you're concerned about depositing money in to an overseas account :0)

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 1
7. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Hello and good day!

Tourismo Filipino is a very legitimate Tour Operator in the Philippines. I have personal experience with them and my trip cost was more then 9kaud, I had to travel for business and to combine a bit pleasure and i even reviewed my trip here long time ago.

They treated me VERY WELL! I must say, very professional staff and very accommodating.

Office managed by Foreign manager and some of the owners are Foreigners as well.

I also had to background check before transferring the money and had no problem with them!

Most recommended for any type of travel.

Cheers!

Leyte Island...
reviews: 22
8. Re: Tourismo Filipino

I don't pay money until I have seen my room. You have to do that in the Philippines because what you see on line is rarely what you get.

I certainly would not consider paying aud $9000 without seeing what I am getting.

My suggestion, if they insist on money up front, is that you pay a deposit of say $900

Have you checked an accommodation site such as agoda or asiatravel.com for the same accommodation?

By the way, my honey moon was on Boracay in 1995. I paid P150 per night. Which was about aud $7 per night at the time. For P150, I got a bungalow with double bed, private bathroom with verandah and hammock , 200 metres from the beach.. Philippines is supposed to be the cheap place to holiday. I wonder what super deal they are offering for aud $450 per night. You can still get good accommodation for way less than aud $100 per night on Boracay.

9. Re: Tourismo Filipino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 30, 2014