We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourismo Filipino

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Tourismo Filipino

I have been liaising with Tourismo Filipino for weeks regarding a 3 week holiday for my upcoming honeymoon. I have been requesting information on how we would proceed with payment for ages. We finally worked out a great itinerary and then I was requested to deposit almost $9,000AUD cash into a bank account to book in the holiday / tour.

Has anyone else been required to do this for a trip with this company? Did it all work out OK?? Does anyone know a way I can check the legitimacy of this company???

This is a lot of money for me to just deposit into an overseas bank account when I have never even actually met anyone face to face.

Any feedback you can provide regarding this company would be much appreciated. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 796
1. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Strongly recommend you do your own research and bookings and cut out the middleman.

No need for a third party to organise your booking. Use Google and Tripadvisor.

I would never put A$9000 into someone elses bank account. You are leaving yourself open to be scammed. Wow A$9000...thats a lot of money for a 3 week holiday.

Tommo

Sydney
2. Re: Tourismo Filipino

I've always booked everything myself when we travel. But with all the organising I'm doing with the wedding I just wanted to take some pressure off myself. I don't have a lot of time to be researching and planning the honeymoon too.

Yeah - $9,000 is a lot but one of the hotels is $450 p/n (I did double check the prices quoted for myself on that one!)

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 101
3. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Travel agents are used by people who do not use the Internet.

Why use the Internet to look for a travel agent?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 267
4. Re: Tourismo Filipino

I will not deposit AUD$9000 into anyone's account that I do not know.

It is a huge some of money unless you are dealing with more established international chain like Insight Vacation, Contiki, Marriott, Shangri-la etc.

Of course it will be different if I earn AUD$9000 per hour..... :p

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
5. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Yes they are a legitimate company, as in they ar licensed to do travel-related business.

What is the account name where you need to deposit? If it is under a company then it is 100% legitimate as banks require many documents for you to open an account to a corporate entity.

Boracay, Philippines
reviews: 45
6. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Congratulations on your impending nuptials

Many hotels here are more than happy to assist honeymooners and wedding parties - is there anyway you can go direct to the hotel with the itinerary that you've prepared and ask them to put everything in to place.

I'm assuming that if it's 450 a night it's one of the high-end resorts, which is totally geared up for honeymooners. It's worth a try if you're concerned about depositing money in to an overseas account :0)

Tel Aviv, Israel
reviews: 1
7. Re: Tourismo Filipino

Hello and good day!

Tourismo Filipino is a very legitimate Tour Operator in the Philippines. I have personal experience with them and my trip cost was more then 9kaud, I had to travel for business and to combine a bit pleasure and i even reviewed my trip here long time ago.

They treated me VERY WELL! I must say, very professional staff and very accommodating.

Office managed by Foreign manager and some of the owners are Foreigners as well.

I also had to background check before transferring the money and had no problem with them!

Most recommended for any type of travel.

Cheers!

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
reviews: 28
8. Re: Tourismo Filipino

I don't pay money until I have seen my room. You have to do that in the Philippines because what you see on line is rarely what you get.

I certainly would not consider paying aud $9000 without seeing what I am getting.

My suggestion, if they insist on money up front, is that you pay a deposit of say $900

Have you checked an accommodation site such as agoda or asiatravel.com for the same accommodation?

By the way, my honey moon was on Boracay in 1995. I paid P150 per night. Which was about aud $7 per night at the time. For P150, I got a bungalow with double bed, private bathroom with verandah and hammock , 200 metres from the beach.. Philippines is supposed to be the cheap place to holiday. I wonder what super deal they are offering for aud $450 per night. You can still get good accommodation for way less than aud $100 per night on Boracay.

9. Re: Tourismo Filipino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 30, 2014