We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Honeymoon in Boracay

Hi. I'm planning to visit Boracay for my honeymoon. My travel dates are 6th may to 12th may And I'm travelling from India. Wanted to know the best way to reach Boracay from Manila. Also wanted feedback on the Boracay Regency beach resort and spa since I'm planning to stay there. Thanks.

clare,ireland
1. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

best way is to fly from manila to caticlan airport and then banca to boracay

Boracay Island
2. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

There is a column to the right: Top Questions. That will help you to find your way. For the Regency Hotel: Check the Hotel Reviews.

Oslo
reviews: 128
3. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

bancas are slowly becoming a thing of the past for these trips, just an observation. The bigger Montenegro boat has been used much more lately, especially at night.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,498
4. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

AirPhil Express and Cebu Pacific fly to Caticlan, which is open during the hours of daylight only.

SEAir (book through www.tigerairways.com), AirPhilExpress, Zest and Cebu Pacific all fly to Kalibo, typically using A320s as this airport has a much longer runway. Kalibo is 60 kilometres from Caticlan: V-Hire (shared vans) or buses take approximately 90 minutes.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 45
5. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

Was just there with my wife..you will love it...

New Delhi, India
6. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

thanks everyone for your replies. appreciate it!

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 238
7. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

Hi,

First of all, congratulations for having chosen Boracay as your Honeymoon destination. (PS - remember to tell your hotel etc that you are on a honeymoon, and you can expect lots of gushing and special treatment. Many Filipinos tend to be a bit mushy mushy about such stuff)

I agree with Claire, - For someone on a honeymoon, Caticlan airport would be best.

(Fyi, Boracay itself is an island without any airport. The closest airport is Caticlan - flights Mania - Caticlan obviously are pretty expensive. The next closest (2-3 hours away) airport is Kalibo. Flight Manila - Kalibo are cheaper)

Booking - must be done online. The earlier you book, cheaper (often) the fares. Philippines has the following airlines for local travel - Air Phil Express / Philippines airlines, Zest air, Cebu Pacific, SE AIr / Tiger airways / Air Asia. Just go to their respective websites and make your bookings.

Arrive at Caticlan before 5 pm, as the boats usually do not ply after sunset (6 pm). The boat jetty is about 15 minutes trike drive (trike = small cousin of auto rickshaw. It is a motor cycle with a side car - like Indiana Jones drove in the last crusade!) .

Boracay Island
8. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

It's impossible to arrive at Caticlan airport after 5 PM by airplane as the airport is only allowed to accommodate daylight flights. Thats the policy since ever.

Secondly: boats ply between Caticlan and Boracay even after 6 PM. Not so often, but one can traverse the channel up to 10 PM

9. Re: Honeymoon in Boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 08, 2014