We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
reviews: 2
Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

Hi,

Ive recently read this news boracay.nfo.ph/200-illegal-structures-face-d… and some forums talking about demolishment of resorts/hotels if they dont comply to some environmental law.

Is this true/ are there any updates on this?

im about to book my flights and resorts (turtle inn and spider house resort) but this is making me hesitate..

12 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 520
1. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

There is already a thread on this topic which gets updated.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k…

Tommo

Oslo
reviews: 99
2. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

talk talk talk..no action as usual, these threats have gone on for years ,with minor action by the government. Always keep in mind, for the most part the island resorts do not own the land they sit on per se.

Boracay Island
3. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

Aklans Governor said it is not feasible to implement a setback. Rather pump sand to the beach and extend the sandy area. Meaning a wider beach. Problem solved without any hardships and without showing political will to regulate. And all vendors, commissioners and others will be also happy, as they not have only more space to chase tourists, but also to set up shacks, more restaurants, more tables and massage beds.

Ok?

Boracay
4. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

if you book online or overthe phone.. it is too risky.. suggest you walk in when you get to boracay.. there are lots of rooms for rent that are not beyond the 30 meters shoreline...

Boracay Island
5. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

Don't worry - such things don't happen overnight and nobody gets kicked out of his/her room

Oslo
6. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

Dont worry.....I doubt you will even see it

Oslo
7. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

seems this is heating up again.

…inquirer.net/462525/make-resort-pay-groups-…

Boracay Island
8. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

The link above is about West Cove and not about the rest of the White Beach. The latest: within 7 days all resorts and places in the front beach (White Beach/Bulabug Beach/Diniwid Beach) have to remove the tents, the fences, the kitchens, the chairs, tables and what ever temporary structures have been there. In a second step the establishments will have to remove their violations in the 25 and 5 meter zones, which are made from concrete.

A welcome evelopment - finally

Oslo
9. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

Davi, I agree. I wonder if Charles Bar will AGAIN get an exemption. I heard Red Pirates is on the chopping block as well, sorry to hear. Overall, it will surprise me if all of this goes thru but I agree its a good thing. Curious, what about the wind breaker bamboo shades, are they removed as part of this mess. Station 3 area seems to have few up this year, wonder if they know something we dont know.

Boracay Island
10. Re: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??

Windbreakers are to stay until southwest monsoon season is ending and according to plan = Charles Bar must go. This time there is the office of the President, the Department of Justice, the Department of Tourism and the DENR breathing down the neck of the local authority. However: let's see and first it is important that the beach looks again like a beach and not a cheap, messy street market

Reply to: Any updates regarding demolition in boracay??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted